Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Jeans for a lad with hand impairment

(10 Posts)
springlamb Fri 09-Oct-09 09:42:19

Any ideas on where I might get some jeans for DS, with elasticated waist (but obviously not lycra legging-ish ones, that would be too scary on a 14 year old).
He can't do zips/buttons because of the cp and is none too happy asking or accepting help at the moment.
Clearly believes his crown jewels are as SN as the rest of him is and no longer for Mum's sight.

claw3 Fri 09-Oct-09 09:48:03

I got a pair from H&M. How old is you ds?

claw3 Fri 09-Oct-09 09:49:16

Sorry just noticed 14

vjg13 Fri 09-Oct-09 09:54:14

Boden usually have lots of pull on type trousers but not sure about jeans.

claw3 Fri 09-Oct-09 10:04:51

www.landsend.com/ix/boys-clothing/Boys/Bottoms/Casual-Pants/index.html?seq=1~2~3~4&catNumbers=318~32 8~330&visible=1~2~1~1&tab=3

Here the cargo pants also come in denim and various other colours.

Hope this is of some help.

magso Fri 09-Oct-09 10:14:33

We got some from Zara (light denim and loose so not spot on fashion wise) in the summer - but the winter pull on styles are cords or canvas. Zaras pull ons usually have too big a waist (for my skinny ds)with soft elastic and a pull cord so I remove it and replace with stronger elastic to fit ds. I think the biggest size is 13-14 but they are generous.

troutpout Fri 09-Oct-09 10:45:05

Do they have to be jeans?
Ds has a boden pair of cargo pants in denim colour that kind of look jeanish
Or gap do these

springlamb Fri 09-Oct-09 16:10:59

Thank you all.
Sorry to be late back but RL got in the way (I had to take the dog to get his stitches out - don't ask).
Will investigate all your suggestions.

Pixel Fri 09-Oct-09 16:59:00

Ds can't do buttons or zips either. At the moment he has a pair of jeans I got from Sainsbury's that have an adjustable waistband. We fix them a little bit loose so that he can pull them up and down without undoing them. He is 9 but they had bigger sizes.

madwomanintheattic Fri 09-Oct-09 17:14:53

i'd definitely second the boy's trousers from boden - they usually have quite a lot of 'pull-up' stuff for boys that doesn't involve fastenings.

i wish i could say the same for their girlswear though. angry i even e-mailed them a few months ago to ask why grirls had to be able to do up fifty three buttons and zips and toggles in order to look good, whilst boys only had to be capable of pulling up their trousers...

(dd2 also has cp and i'm starting to fret about the long term wardrobe implications lol - she's very able but the whole buttons thing looks like a non-starter.)

that said, i did get a couple of pairs of bottoms this season for her. as well as some that i'm doing up sad - it's such a pain for her at school to have to ask for help. why should they have to wear leggings so that they have the dignity of going to the toilet on their own? grr.

hope you find some you like. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now