Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What is the name of the organisation you can appeal to if statement has been refused?

(7 Posts)
MavisEnderby Thu 08-Oct-09 21:01:38

My dd has been "lucky" enough to get a full statement with little problem as her sn are deemed severe enough for her to be educated in the sn school sector.

I have a friend whose dc doesn't currently have a dx but is thought to have ASD and requires 1;1 at nursery.Her dc is due to start school soon.

She has been refused a Statement twice,Though consensus of nursery and school is that he needs statementing.)

Can you help?TIA.

missmarples Thu 08-Oct-09 21:27:37

its SENDIST - the Special Educational needs Tribunal service, but she is on a time limit to reply to the refusal to statement and i can't remember what it is - get yourself hold of a SEN code of practise - it is a big book but explains really clearly what can and can't be done

good luck

Merle Thu 08-Oct-09 21:57:15

When the LA send the letter refusing the statement/assessment they have to tell you of your right to appeal and include all the info about how you go about that process.

Denmal Thu 08-Oct-09 22:02:19

You could try this link: 4000870

Denmal Thu 08-Oct-09 22:04:26

Ok; I'm new -the link didn't work, but it's the one for the site under special educational needs and statementing - Good luck with the process!

iheartdusty Thu 08-Oct-09 22:06:27


MavisEnderby Thu 08-Oct-09 22:23:04

Thank you ladies,I will pass this on to friend.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: