Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Very long wait for DLA outcome

(6 Posts)
chinchi Wed 07-Oct-09 08:47:27

We first applied for DLA for my DS (2) in Feb this year, and was surprised to have been rewarded low care rate after only a few weeks wait.

He was diagnosed with CP in July and we were told that it would be worth asking for the award to be reviewed. They received the form on 4 August, which means it has now been 9 weeks with no response.

Maybe Im reading into things too much, but Im wondering if the fact that it is taking so long could be a bad sign? Could they stop our payments altogether?

chinchi Wed 07-Oct-09 10:54:43

Bump- can anybody please help?

jjones Wed 07-Oct-09 11:00:20

I put a review in which they recieved on 7 July and we are still waiting. I wouldn't have thought they would stop payment completely unless they decline the application. I hope you hear soon.

chinchi Wed 07-Oct-09 11:09:53

Thanks jjones. Hope you hear soon too. I think I was just shocked because of how quickly we heard back the first time.

Many thanks!

sarah293 Wed 07-Oct-09 11:52:06

Message withdrawn

jjones Fri 09-Oct-09 23:22:03

I got a letter from them today to tell me they had asked from a report from yet another person that will be 3 in all, is this a good sign or not? I have no idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now