Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Cdome see Peachy's ASD duo on the carnival float

(16 Posts)
PeachyTentativelyPosting Tue 06-Oct-09 17:10:07

Nicely chained up and safe wink

ds1 is the little boy on the front lower platform

ds3 is the zoned out little riding a seahorse at the back

starfish71 Tue 06-Oct-09 17:43:25

What a brilliant float and your two looked fab! Hope they both enjoyed :}

starfish71 Tue 06-Oct-09 17:44:25

never get my smile to come out right!

Marne Tue 06-Oct-09 18:22:22

Well done to both of them, they look fab grin

feelingbetter Tue 06-Oct-09 18:42:39

grin

saltyseadog Tue 06-Oct-09 19:10:52

They look great
Now, which one's you peachy grin?

PeachyTentativelyPosting Tue 06-Oct-09 19:24:19

Ah no sadly notthis year, shortage of babysitters so watching further down with ds4.

sarah293 Wed 07-Oct-09 08:40:04

Message withdrawn

PeachyTentativelyPosting Wed 07-Oct-09 09:16:38

He doesn't seem to mind, apaprently it's not unique though- I did read once a theory that most Actors in theatre had AS. he performs differently though- people grabbed me on roadcrew last year yto tell me that boy won't smile he hates it- r no, he doesn't smile on demand is all. He has a choice.

Anyway ds3 is off now; had an email yesterday to say he was undoing his belt Saturday night and wouldn't do it up.... dangerous..... am fuming that nobody bothered to tell DH who had been palced on the toher side, and they put ds3 at risk. They said he can go on a lower platform but ds3 won't do that, far too much in the crowd. Grrr

Marne Wed 07-Oct-09 10:15:04

Are they doing any more carnivals near by peachy?

I live not too far from Illminster grin.

Dd1 (AS) watched your video and is now asking to go and watch smile, she loves preforming too, i have to go and watch her read a poem today for the harvest festival.

PeachyTentativelyPosting Wed 07-Oct-09 13:25:50

Ah she should join!

This Saturday is Chard, then taunton the week after; if you came and found us before (CAT me) I would show you around the float.

There's also one in Honiton in afew weeks time which we should be doing before the 'biggy' circuit of bridgwater etc (Glastonbury always a good one to watch)

Marne Wed 07-Oct-09 13:43:11

Thanks Peachy, it might be a bit too far away for us sad, Glastonbury is probably the closest.

PeachyTentativelyPosting Wed 07-Oct-09 13:47:25

Glasto is a good one (but if you TTR me I shalllet the carnival obsessive DH tell me whoch is closest, he knows far better than I.

Marne Wed 07-Oct-09 13:58:36

I am just the other side of Yeovil (near Sherborne) grin, dd1 has been to one carnival in Dorset but they don't seem to be as big as the somerset carnivals.

PeachyTentativelyPosting Wed 07-Oct-09 14:07:43

the dorset onesaren't as big, it sort of builds up as you go along.

Shame Yeovil council ahsn't OKayed this years Yeovil one then- afaik they weren't given road closure so have ahd to cancel, but teh committee are hopeful for next year.
I used to like that carnival, and i know that many clubs are willing to get t goinga gain so should be well supported.

DH is from Chard and says that either Galstonbury or Chard shouldn't be too far; if DD is ok with a big event i w0uld say galsto absolutely- all the biggest floats from bridgwater go there, and it has a great family feel. We do go there,and it is a great one to do.I'llpop a link on in the minute to some of the carts that appear there- we are nothing in comparison (but I have competed there and done well LOL, just in the dim and distant).

PeachyTentativelyPosting Wed 07-Oct-09 14:09:43

here uou go- all details and lots of pics for DD on there

The one they are raving about this year (BIL's float- yay) will be at all carnivals though. It's called To The Trees

Sorry will climb off soap box now LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now