Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The F****** LEA GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER!

(8 Posts)
JakB Thu 09-Jun-05 11:36:32

DD has a place in the specific ASD unit at the school we wanted!
I can't believe it. I have spent the morning on the phone and have even arranged to see an independent school as an alternative. I have been rallying the parents together to ask for a joint meeting with the LEA. I called our assessment manager and, of course, he didnt' return my call. Called him again and he said she has a place. I'm obviously thrilled BUT worried that they haven't found places for all of the other 6 children. I'm not going to let it drop. Definitely going to write a letter of complaint about how the whole thing has been handled and help other parents if neccessary.

RnB Thu 09-Jun-05 11:38:40

Message withdrawn

Jimjams Thu 09-Jun-05 11:38:50

The right school makes SUCH a difference. We just had our annual review yesterday and in the term and a hlaf ds1 has been at his SLD school he has been transformed.

Well done!

JakB Thu 09-Jun-05 11:39:13

Exactly. After my initial joy, I did think, what about the other kids? Hopefully they have created a whole new class and everybody has a place.

eidsvold Thu 09-Jun-05 11:48:11

that is fab

JakB Thu 09-Jun-05 12:04:32

Predictably it's not all good news
Another mum has just phoned me in tears as her son has been placed in another SLD school with NO SPECIFIC PROVISION FOR AUTISTIC CHILDREN.
IT IS SO UNFAIR [SAD]

RnB Thu 09-Jun-05 12:06:36

Message withdrawn

Socci Thu 09-Jun-05 12:51:25

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now