Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!

(11 Posts)
Jayzmummy Wed 08-Jun-05 23:43:23

Hi Ladies.

Im finally home after my week away lounging in the sun minus the boys!!!!

What a week. I had forgotten what its like to be free of the children.....and TBH I HATED IT!!!!!

I missed my boys soooooo much. The rest was just what I needed but I spent most off my time thinking how much the boys would have enjoyed themselves. I was so convinced that they would really enjoy it at the resort, that we have booked a return trip in August.

J coped really well with out us and had a fantastic time with my sister down on the farm. He collected the eggs everyday from the chicken coop, went riding, bottle fed the baby lambs and basically enjoyed being a farmer for the week.

My sister really enjoyed having the guys stay with her and she said it made her understand just how much J's ASD affects his day to day life and just how restraining it can be for us as a family.

Back home, washing machine is gurgling away and my boys are tucked up fast asleep in their own beds. This holiday was the best thing for me. It made me realise that despite J's problems in life I am truely blessed to have such a wonderful little guy. Having spent the last week watching other children play and not being too impressed by some of the actions I have seen performed by some of the NT kids around, I wouldnt swop him for the world.

Off to sip my duty free now.....just so glad to be back.

jenkins88 Thu 09-Jun-05 00:53:15

Sounds like your holiday did you the world of good. I bet you can't wait for August . The farm sounds soooo therapeutic. It must have been lovely hearing about how J got involoved with all the activities.

Enjoy your duty free. Think I'll join you

RnB Thu 09-Jun-05 11:53:55

Message withdrawn

misdee Thu 09-Jun-05 11:55:20

check your email luvvy!!

Jayzmummy Thu 09-Jun-05 11:58:54

misdee.....have had a look...all 317 emails!!!! did you send me one???? If so I cant find it!!!!

Try my MN user name at yahoo dot co dot uk....I'll get it then!!!!

misdee Thu 09-Jun-05 16:53:31

it was a mumsnet CAT.

Dingle Thu 09-Jun-05 20:10:05

Oh JM, you have me all tearful. I am such a soppy old cow!

So glad you had a well needed break, but it is just overwhelming the feelings you have and the love for your boys, despite all the difficulties of day to day life.

Makes my want to go up and give a huge hug to my sleeping babes!

Good to have you back!

PS: did you have some little cars waiting for you?

Christie Fri 10-Jun-05 14:58:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Davzmum Fri 10-Jun-05 22:07:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Jayzmummy Sat 11-Jun-05 00:07:51

Well hello Davzmum.....how the devil are you???? Must get together soon and have a natter.

Davzmum Sat 11-Jun-05 12:00:40

Not so good Jayzmummy to be honest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now