Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

portage checklist...

(8 Posts)
meerkatsandkookaburras Sat 03-Oct-09 19:41:24

anyone know where i could download or see one online??

misscutandstick Sat 03-Oct-09 20:01:44

i have seen the huge book/list that they use - it generally goes from the most basic of things like following something/someone with eyes (no offence to parents) to things like learning to ride a bike. But it goes in tiny tiny increments.

it isnt related at all to age, but developemental steps instead - to guide manually thru development.

Do you get portage?

misscutandstick Sat 03-Oct-09 20:02:32

blush sorry if you already know that, and to answer the Q. , no, i dont know if its on the net blush

meerkatsandkookaburras Sat 03-Oct-09 20:43:03

yeah we get ecap as in notts too - im jennybensmummy name changed! though not seen list for ages and wanted to look myself as no idea where ben is really and not sure she will be helpful knowing i want to apply for a statement lol. thanks

trace2 Sun 04-Oct-09 09:08:30

jen ours leaves her book with us and she as one and we compare what chloe done for us and she marks the one she as! do you want me to look at some thing for you?

misscutandstick Sun 04-Oct-09 09:58:45

Our portage - J.S. has been thoroughly unhelpful in the statementing process. I asked her about statementing when DS5 first started seeing her - before he was 2, and she said "ooh dont worry about that i will organise that" angry. I naively believed her.

If only i'd have known back then that if id have asked for assessment then they would have to have done one by law! i have to appeal that bit now as well sad

We got turned down for Ecap as well, im sure because she paints this rosy picture - im all for being postive, but not at the expense of being turned down for help. sad

sorry, that turned into a bit of a rant blush

trace2 Sun 04-Oct-09 13:43:22

misscutandstick oh no ! our potage worker is great she as put chloe down for helping with statement in her book for jan and booked us to go and look at nursery's with her tagging along. also she told us but put all the negatives in not the good .

moondog Sun 04-Oct-09 13:46:35

Have you seen their website? Portage very good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now