Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Trikes

(8 Posts)
MavisEnderby Fri 02-Oct-09 21:01:25

Am thinking of getting dd a trike for Xmas/birthday.I reAlise I am talking £100'S

She would have no clue re pedals but has hand function so could grasp handlebars.She is a bit wobbly so would need truncal support.Any ideas?

Many thanks if you reply

2shoes Fri 02-Oct-09 21:09:34

how old is she?

MavisEnderby Fri 02-Oct-09 23:57:46

She is nearly 4.

MumOfThreeMonkeys Sat 03-Oct-09 09:30:09

i bought a trike for dd aged 5 a few months back it was a mission trilogy it was pretty expensive around £400 after adding extras like self leveling pedals and stuff - dd loves it and it gives her a lot of independance even thou she needs me there holding the parent bar.

btw dd has asd, low muscle tone, sld, and really bad coordanation

it took her a good few weeks to get the pedals moving and we have to have her feet strapped in or else there all over the place. but she can really get it moving herself now, just has to master the steering hmm

MavisEnderby Sat 03-Oct-09 20:56:48

Thanks all,only just got back to this

Phoenix4725 Sun 04-Oct-09 05:54:45

wbumpfor you as know theres few with trikes on here.What about trying lions and the roundtabl to help with funding

madwomanintheattic Sun 04-Oct-09 15:57:17

we've got a quest 88 kitten. (and actually, we're thinking it's probably too small now and having the same dilemma of looking for a bigger one.) dd2 is 6. it's got pelvic and thoracic support, and those pedal shoe thingys that you strap into. it also comes with a removable parent handle, so you can push until she gets the hang of pedalling. grin

i really like tomcat trikes btw, (we actually ordered one first, but they were having real problems with their suppliers and after several months chasing we cancelled the order - couldn't risk not having it on christmas day!)

herjazz Sun 04-Oct-09 18:05:19

we got a tomcat trike

its ace

we got funding from children today - whole process from seeing trike at naidex, getting quote to applying, being granted, trike being made and us going to collect was about 3/4 months.

think you would need some help towards buying this - over a grand

glitteryb's ds has one too

my dd has just started to be able to continue momentum of peddling. Tis amazing to see (she cannot stand without support) Happy to share some pics if yr interested

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now