Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Had a funny old day!!!

(18 Posts)
Dingle Wed 08-Jun-05 16:37:51

All full of fight and motivation I planned to get so much done today!! That all backfired as soon as Amelia was awake really. Took her nappy off, threw it over the gate in to the hall. Sat her on the toilet and put a clean pull up on.

She seems obsessed by the fact that she can now pull it down by herself. So I though that rather than her wee on the carpet, I'd try putting a potty in her room. Well, she was in her element, she must have done about 10-15 tiny little wees before I'd managed to get in the bath at 7am.

Next disarter struck when I had discovered I had left a spare key in the front door and locked myself out. Had to call DH to come and break in.

Still - rang doctors, re Blue badge form, printed out photos to go with application, and now I am tackling the DLA forms.

Amelia is sitting watching a DVD in a little pair of "big girls knickers" and I am running up emptying a few drips of wee into the toilet every 10 minutes!!!

Is this the norm, is it just a novelty?

Anyway if you are still interested after all my waffle look here at "my darlings"

Chocol8 Wed 08-Jun-05 17:00:11

Your children are beautiful Dingle. I especially love the Birthday kiss and the Princess and the Pea but really like the sepia shot of Amelia.

Awwwwww!

TrophyWife Wed 08-Jun-05 17:07:12

ahhh, what lovely cute kiddies..
yes the potty is a novelty thing my ds did it for the frist 6-7 days then started weeing on the carpet and in the garden.
to save runing up and down with the potty, i empty mine down the drain in the back garden, spray it with detol and rins it with the outside tap. saves a lot of time too..

Thomcat Wed 08-Jun-05 17:09:50

Blass, great pics, they really are little darlings. I really like the birthday kiss.

RnB Wed 08-Jun-05 19:31:54

Message withdrawn

heartinthecountry Wed 08-Jun-05 20:39:16

Awww - they are gorgeous!

jenkins88 Wed 08-Jun-05 21:52:40

Beautiful children dingle

anniebear Wed 08-Jun-05 22:15:10

Arrrrrrrh, they are so lovely!!

Had a little laugh at you running u and down with tiny wees!!!!!!!!!

Dingle Thu 09-Jun-05 17:29:12

OMG- I really wish we had a downstairs loo!

Today has been no better, I felt so drained this afternoon, I sat her up at the table for a while so she couldn't use the potty. If she had an accident, it would have at least been easy to clean up the high chair and hard floor.

It gave my time for a quick cuppa too! I am finding it really hard to stay positive about this. How long is the novelty likely to last- I'm not having 5 minutes to myself.

Sorry, that sounds really selfish.

Christie Thu 09-Jun-05 22:26:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fio2 Fri 10-Jun-05 07:07:18

doesnt make you sounds selfish at all the pics are lovely

anniebear Fri 10-Jun-05 07:08:33

Sorry Dingle, theres me having a giggle at the thought of you running up and down with mini wee's!

Sorry!

MandM Fri 10-Jun-05 10:23:39

Dingle, just think of the benefit of all that exercise! You'll be fit as a fiddle by the time the novelty wears off!!!

Can't wait to see the piccies - the site is down for maintenance at the moment - i'll try again soon.

Dingle Sat 11-Jun-05 14:13:40

I feel I've made some progress today. After we had got back from dd 1st dance class (well that's another story ) I decided to put the alarm on my mobile phone - set to go off every 30 minutes. I choose my phone because I use the kitchen timer for time out and I didn't want her to identify the potty with naughty time.

Every 30 mins the music starts playing and we have a mad dash to the toilet or potty waving a laminated picture of a toilet!!! Apart from one incident when she went again after only 10 minutes- it seems to be working.
My aim eventually is to increase the time to 35 minutes......am I aiming her too high?

I just don't know how much more I could take, having to run up and down every few minutes, as soon as I got done with a clean empty potty, she would do more!! It was not the exercise I was worried about but getting even a few other chores done!

Fingers crossed!

Caroline5 Sat 11-Jun-05 14:35:12

That sounds like a brilliant idea Dingle! Good luck!

Dingle Sun 12-Jun-05 07:52:29

The half hour thing seems to have worked yesterday. She did a wee on the potty/toilet nearly every 30 minutes,and I think she went inbetween twice too, that she did by herself and then waved the potty around at me.

Today I think I will try to work on her saying "wee" too.

I am still rushing around like a mad woman, but at least it's not for a few drops of wee every 5 minutes!

AuntyQuated Sun 12-Jun-05 08:21:21

an early hello again dingle

those pics are lovely...the kissing one is brill.

wees in potty are sooo much better than 11 wees on the carpet ...that was the worst day with dd!

Dingle Sun 12-Jun-05 09:32:56

I couldn't agree more AQ! No accidents at all yesterday. She was really reluctant to sit on the potty earlier. Didn't force the issue, went to tidy away the breakfast stuff and was then presented with a pair of little white knickers carefully handed to me!! Looked down a there was a poo, all carefully wrapped up, she then went over to the potty and did a wee!!

The music (my phone) alarm has just gone off in the other room and Amelia has called out for us! [ah bless emoticon]!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now