Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Women in tights!

(10 Posts)
debs40 Thu 01-Oct-09 13:15:11

Ok, now I know DS has strange ideas sometimes, and I know from last year that me in tights freaked him out but I didn't know how much until today.

I put some tights on and a skirt - it being October and all.

We had a 'are they tights? I don't like tights' conversation which went on for a long time. I tried to trick him and told him they were leggings. He was having none of it.

He couldn't look at me or my legs in the end (sideways furtive glances) on the way up the path then tears sad. Big tears and 'please don't wear tights, this is the worst day ever'.

I went and put my jeans on. Tears stopped.

What was that about? hmm

Seuss Thu 01-Oct-09 14:06:40

My ds is like this with certain food packaging - can't even stand to be in the same room - and yet other packaging not so much of a problem, bit like your ds and leggings?!? It's a mystery but you aren't alone!

meltedmarsbars Thu 01-Oct-09 14:09:08

Blimmin'eck!

Simplistica Thu 01-Oct-09 14:18:16

DS3 gets a bit funny about tights as well- doesn't have so much langauge so just tried to pick them off my legs, really hurts at times.

Mind, after taking an hour in WH Smiths today to find the right pen with the rightshade of ink and nib to be able to use at Uni I do unerstand where it comes from blush. Can't explain it, but the thought of using a different colour open actually amde me nauseous (am tired and stressed, always worse when I am stressed by a long way)

saintlydamemrsturnip Thu 01-Oct-09 14:31:02

Bet it's the texture of them.......

Exposure the best thing though.

Ds1 used to be like it about fur, but so much better since we got cats and guinea pigs and throw him into the path of passing dogs....

Simplistica Thu 01-Oct-09 14:35:20

With ds3 it seems to just be the change- my legs are (very) white, not black.Same if I change my hair or anything like that.

Texture sonds likely though.

saintlydamemrsturnip Thu 01-Oct-09 14:40:03

It can change instantly. DS1 used to shudder and shy away from apples which came anywhere near him. Now we have to hide packets or he'll eat 12 at one sitting hmm

saintlydamemrsturnip Thu 01-Oct-09 14:40:22

It can change instantly. DS1 used to shudder and shy away from apples which came anywhere near him. Now we have to hide packets or he'll eat 12 at one sitting hmm

debs40 Thu 01-Oct-09 14:54:44

I'm not alone then! They do change about these things don't they? DS used to love bananas, now the word banana makes him gag!

I think it's the change - he can actually see my legs in tights I suppose (not a pretty sight) and the idea of them. He doesn't like to touch them.

Doh, shall just have to persevere and make him wear tights on his head as a bank robber would or something!!

I was feeling all autumnal as well! Jeans it is.

MumOfThreeMonkeys Thu 01-Oct-09 16:24:51

my dd cries and gagg's as if she's gonna vomit if i wear my hair up- didnt think i looked that bad sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now