Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone use a convaid cruiser for their LO's?

(14 Posts)
proudestmummyever Wed 30-Sep-09 09:56:40

My Ds got his special buggy last week, convaid cruiser, he is 2.6 yrs old xx

proudestmummyever Wed 30-Sep-09 09:57:14

Does anyone else use one? What do u think of it etc? x

proudestmummyever Wed 30-Sep-09 10:33:08

Anyonehmm xx

NaccetyMac Wed 30-Sep-09 10:41:44

I have used them with kids I work with, I much preferred them to wheelchairs even for quite big kids.

misscutandstick Wed 30-Sep-09 14:18:46

I have seen them, but dont have one - like many on here we have a major. When the time comes, usually peeps on here go from major to wheelchairs (cant remember the name of the popular one, but its really snazzy!).

If im right in thinking the convaid is a not-quite-buggy/not-quite-wheelchair kinda thing?

sarah293 Wed 30-Sep-09 15:33:57

Message withdrawn

missmarples Wed 30-Sep-09 20:05:58

yeah, we have one, we love it for places that the wheelchair can't go or if we are on hols and hiring a car - the convaid folds up well to go in the boot - other real advantage is on long flights - they can put it in the cabin for you rather than the hold if you ask nicely !! the transport version is also handy for the WAV. So yes we love it and have used one for years.......

proudestmummyever Wed 30-Sep-09 21:08:02

Hey every1, thts good to hear all yr good rviews on the convaid cruiser, am still gettn used to the whole "special buggy" thing, is it just me, or does everyone feel down and sad when they have to get a special buggy for their DC? xx

Phoenix4725 Thu 01-Oct-09 05:19:51

I found it hard , then going from a buggy to a wheelchair as this to me was aknowledment that he is going to need it full time, but got over it now as ds loves it and has made life so much easier

sarah293 Thu 01-Oct-09 08:52:50

Message withdrawn

Phoenix4725 Thu 01-Oct-09 10:11:24

yep we have noticed that one mind Riven don`t know there is a few Pfb mums that still try

sarah293 Thu 01-Oct-09 11:00:45

Message withdrawn

feelingbetter Thu 01-Oct-09 21:43:19

I've thought about replying to this thread and the other one for a bit now, not wanting to say the wrong thing.

But you know what, I actually like it. I can completely see why you are upset about it - its not trying to disguise itself as a jumped up buggy, but that's why I like it.

It's almost got attitude grin

I am looking forward to getting our special buggy (DS is getting far too big now) - few months away yet, but may well be a different story when it gets here sad

I hope you are more comfortable with it soon and that it helps Jack.

How is he doing now?

proudestmummyever Thu 01-Oct-09 22:24:16

Hi every1, thanks for replying, Jack is doing better FB, thanku for asking

His seizures are a lot better since he was strted on Topamax 50mg twice a day long with nitrazepam 7ml twice a day.

But not walking, talking etc, and is gettn so big

Have to take every day as it comes....

Yeah it can be a shock gttn SN buggy it's normal. We r only human xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now