Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

do you know, I ponder the increased incidence thing vs better recognition of the condition...

(22 Posts)
pagwatch Tue 29-Sep-09 19:40:34

..but I am pretty sure there were not as many wankers around when I was a child.

Of course there were a few that would be a bit pratty and you would be a bit hmm.
But the number of card caring full blown tossers really is increasing.

I am sure I would have spotted them gawping, tutting and saying "ooohhh you mean like Rainman - can he do special stuff" and " there is no link with the MMR, the Daily Mail said so " and "its just an excuse for bad behaviour" whether I ask them their opinion or not

I know my view is only anecdotal but...

No. It is definately on the rise

Shells Tue 29-Sep-09 20:24:30

Its bad parenting really, isn't it? Or failing that, something we did wrong in our pregnancies.

debs40 Tue 29-Sep-09 20:32:28

Hmmmm, "there is no link with the MMR, the Daily Mail said so" pick the wrong paper to link in with their.....flagship for bad science that it is

sickofsocalledexperts Tue 29-Sep-09 20:33:59

There are definitely more wankers around Pagwatch, it is not just better diagnosis. My best guess is that around 50% of the human population now fall under the category "tosser", but then maybe I've just had a bad day!

debs40 Tue 29-Sep-09 20:35:03

What bad typing - sorry I meant to say of all the papers in the country, the Daily Hate is the one which has most vociferously touted the MMR link.

I'm not trying to be controversial. Nothing to do with the rights or wrongs of the argument it is just a matter of record.

MoonlightMcKenzie Tue 29-Sep-09 22:05:13

This condition is definately on the increase. Think they should test for it in pregnancy and force abortion personally!

Early intervention would work of course, but it is far too costly!

anonandlikeit Tue 29-Sep-09 23:02:39

Ahh but moonlight where will we all be without tossers, I mean if they find the wanker gene & test for it & abort, who will park in all the disabled bays??
Half of them will be empty & space for you know.... real disabled people

Who will tutt at a noisy child in a hospital waiting room. Surely someone should, after all it IS the parents faultwink

& remember if we get rid of all the tossy wankers then whos going to be left to make all of us look good grin

pagwatch Wed 30-Sep-09 08:42:22

welll that is true

If the tossy wankers died outthen who would be left to make me look soooo verrrry reasonable
grin

and thanks Debs - I almost forgot we special mums are not supposed to try a stab at humour. What was I thinking.....

<<pag tries to remember to only reference peer reviewed studies when making vague, off the cuuf tossy wanker joke>>

MoonlightMcKenzie Wed 30-Sep-09 08:44:27

yeah, celebrate the differences. Tosserism, is after all, a very wide spectrum.

MoonlightMcKenzie Wed 30-Sep-09 08:45:31

But, why do they tend to find jobs in the SN sector though?

pagwatch Wed 30-Sep-09 09:35:32

That is SO true Moonlight!

A surprisingly high number of Gps seem to have it. You would think they would try and surpress it just so as to go unnoticed in the work place

DoNotPressTheRedButton Wed 30-Sep-09 09:47:44

<<anecdote: My Uni prof said he ran a class for long practising GPs. 4 years ago IIRC. He asked 'what is autism'- one raised his hand and said 'is it to do with ears?'>>

I think all tossers, wnakers and the like should be put in special units away from the rest of us so we dont have to see their like and share our world with them. Integration is a waste of taxpeyers money.

MoonlightMcKenzie Wed 30-Sep-09 10:13:01

To be fair, - these particular tossers that you mention 'DoNot', really aren't making a valuable contribution to society, and in some cases they are even a danger to their community.

Simplistica Wed 30-Sep-09 10:15:15

And I am worried it might be catching, I see my pefectly well brought up children imitating their wankerness and fear for society. To be honest, I don't know why the Daily Mail doen't run a campaign to stop it taking over.

Simplistica Wed 30-Sep-09 10:15:55

(MMc- am donot- you really should join TTr to keep up so I dont have to out)

Marne Wed 30-Sep-09 10:20:23

I hate the staring, it upsets me, i would rather people ask me questions rather than assume.

I hate the way people assume ASD=Naughty child, my dd2 has ASD but so far has no behaviour problems (apart from not answering to people).

I like it when people ask questions and i am happy to answer them, i have a few friends that didn't know anything about ASD until they met my dd's but because they were willing to ask and listen they now understand.

The people that have really pissed me off are mainly medical staff, i had to take dd2 to A&E a week ago, a doctor checked her over but however much i tried to tell him 'dd2 has ASD and wont respond to you' he still looked puzzled and continued to ask her questions whilst dd2 stared at the buttons on his shirt.

Also last week i was stood outside school with dd2 (waiting for dd1), dd2 was spinning, flapping and dancing, a teacher looked up laughed at dd2 and uttered under her breath 'i don't know what that was all about', the teacher knows that both my dd's have ASD, she teaches dd1, yet she looked at dd2 like she was some kind of loony.

MoonlightMcKenzie Wed 30-Sep-09 10:52:14

The poor people with this condition often come up to me in public to comment. I just nod, smile and back away.

Did you say anything Marne?

Simplistica Wed 30-Sep-09 11:01:04

I think its great that 9repotedly) two of them have got through to the X factors next satge, shows we all support their cause but only at the distance of a TV screen away so they can't touch us

(Reportedly, the twins commented that Louis Walsh is great.... talks to people in wheelchairs even)

Marne Wed 30-Sep-09 11:25:36

I didn't say anything grin, just smiled and backed away.

I often get people say how well behaved and laid back dd2 is, last week we went to a pub open day and a lady kept saying how lovely it must be to have a child who wonders around all day in her own little world and is so easily pleased hmm, i didn't have the heart to tell her why dd2 was wondering around in her own little world. For a moment i just felt lucky to have such a easy going child (which she is) grin.

anonandlikeit Wed 30-Sep-09 13:06:34

See I think that with regard to GP's & medical profs we may be getting tosser wanky syndrome mixed up with pompous uptheirownarse disease, which is indeed very serious because it can lead to complications such as ignorethethickbloodyparent syndrome which unfortuantely can be very conatgious once spouted. grin

catkinq Wed 30-Sep-09 13:17:22

I think that the problem is that many people have got anitbiotics (panacea for all ills) mixed up with Starcharts (probably because of all those stupid TV programs)

MoonlightMcKenzie Wed 30-Sep-09 17:31:58

pmsl catkinq if it wasn't so niche I'd vote for that to be quote of the week. In fact, I might suggest it anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now