Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Sn transport Q

(4 Posts)
staryeyed Mon 28-Sep-09 15:45:17

Ds went to school in transport for the first time today. He is 4 and I think about 110 cms. Anyway I phoned the transport to make sure they had the appropriate seat for him- High back booster which they said they had. However this morning DP took him to bus and they had a cushion booster. What is the law for these transport buses and car seats?

ChopsTheDuck Mon 28-Sep-09 15:59:16

I don't know specifically about transport buses but my dts 4 and a similar height and just use booster seats. Once they are 4 and over 25kgs they don't actually need the back.

staryeyed Mon 28-Sep-09 16:37:19

Ds is 2st 10 and the guidelines say to use a seat with the back but I dont know if that is law.

anonandlikeit Mon 28-Sep-09 17:30:49

Whatever the guidlines it must make the child sit so that the seatbelt fits properly accross the chest & not around the neck etc.

If your dc is going to slide/slump to the side without back support then its not acceptable as the seatbelt will not restrain your child in a collision.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now