Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Today the DLA is mostly being spent on...

(35 Posts)
meltedmarsbars Mon 28-Sep-09 11:48:06

Hot water and the washing machine.

DD2 is being sick sick sick, far more than normal (which is quite frequent but we're kinda used to that) for no apparent reason, grrr!

3 baths yesterday, umpteen sets of bedding, damp duvets all over the house. And I'm fed up with Mr Tumble.

So what are you spending yours on this week?

peanutbutterkid Mon 28-Sep-09 12:28:01

Sorry, I can't comment on DLA or SN (well, DS2 has mild SEN, but not really in the SN league, iyswim).
But I do have a sick child who has managed to load my laundry baskets well today, too; so commiserations on that.

5inthebed Mon 28-Sep-09 12:30:56

Poor you and your DD2 sad. Hope she is better soon and it doesn't do the rounds.

ATM, mine is being spent on taxi-ing DS2 to school, as he is refusing to gosad. He wants to go back to his SN school, because he misses his friend.

meltedmarsbars Mon 28-Sep-09 12:31:17

I'm getting quite fast reactions with the bowl now!

sodit Mon 28-Sep-09 13:03:43

shoes - ds1 loves his red car in the garden but somehow he pushes it with his tip toes (he is too big for it) so either his feet get torn to pieces or his shoes i have being buying up pairs on ebay i think i must have all the styles in his size and duplicates as well grin at least it keeps him quiet.

jjones Mon 28-Sep-09 13:15:56

mine is going to pay the mortgage. DH is self employed and has had almost no work this month.

bonkerz Mon 28-Sep-09 13:32:03

The DLA here is paying back mr bank manager after using his overdraft facility in order to be available for DS every day! Oh and will be paying for yet more uniform for DS as he has decided to stop self harming and instead turns his aggression onto his clothes! already in the 3 weeks he has been back at school he has ripped 3 t shirts (private school so have to be got from them) 2 pairs of trousers (will only wear ones with lots of pockets combat style and more expensive) and also a fleece! oh the joys!

magso Mon 28-Sep-09 13:50:15

Paying towards our new larger capacity washing machine! With a couple of duvets and bedding sets each night for ds the last one gave up a few days past its guarantee. Oh and a session in the sn saturday club (ds gets one a term - yippee!)
Hope little MM is soon better!

DoNotPressTheRedButton Mon 28-Sep-09 13:56:05

Ours is going on respite, top up for a Christmas gift expense, a timer watch and the group ds2 goes to in lieu of young carer provision. Also need a newwasher machine (ds3 stood on door and ripped seals off), paint and new furniture by time of nxt inspection. Ow.

DoNotPressTheRedButton Mon 28-Sep-09 13:57:21

Oh yes Bonkerz- ds1 lost an entire set of uniform last week hmm....ds3 just a jumper but the aprking alone enar the shop is a fiver.

<<sob>>

meltedmarsbars Mon 28-Sep-09 14:01:31

We seem to go through a lots of clothes but mostly because I can't face hand-scrubbing and chuck out the worst stained vomity ones!

And trousers she bum-shuffles through the a*.

DoNotPressTheRedButton Mon 28-Sep-09 14:04:42

Mine just lose theirs

We spend a fortune on tags but they never come back whatever- we'redown to one school jumper (betwen two at the school) and we had seven at th start of term; seven!

I should just keep going back and buying them buyt it would cost @£30 a week at this rate!

meltedmarsbars Mon 28-Sep-09 14:11:46

I have gone to second-hand ones out of the lost-property bin - they're probably yours!!! grin

DoNotPressTheRedButton Mon 28-Sep-09 14:14:31

PMSL

Can I have them back please? Youc an't miss them 2 each of every style they have had over the last three years <<refusal to blindly adopt annual uniform changes emoticon>>

meltedmarsbars Mon 28-Sep-09 14:25:14

I have 3 dc's in 3 different schools with 3 different uniforms.

I need a varied selection.

No you can't have them back!!

grin

DoNotPressTheRedButton Mon 28-Sep-09 14:32:49

Thank goodness we only have the two LOL- will be in the same lpace wjhren ds1 goes to comp though year after next <<shudder>>

Avctually no scrap that, ds4 will be in Infants <<eeek>> so will ahve 4

Can I just hand in my sanity now, please? wink

meltedmarsbars Mon 28-Sep-09 14:36:51

No refunds, I'm afraid.

magso Mon 28-Sep-09 14:48:52

Ds used to loose a lot of stuff at ms, but since changing to sn school the staff kindly round stuff up before each holiday and send what can be saved home. Now it is coats and chewing his collars and ripping his sleeves. Oh and coming home in the left foot of someone elses clarks ( they all seem to need the same style velcro and toy hidy hole) - 2 sizes too small!

Marne Mon 28-Sep-09 14:53:27

Dd2's DLA goes on clothes and nappies, she gets so messy and i can never get stains out of her clothes, i try and stock up at boot sales and charity shops. She's also getting through a lot of dummies, she only has one at night but if i don't grab it off her early in the morning she chews them to bits.

Dd1's DLA will be paying for a new washing machine as ours flooded the kitchen a few days ago.

ChopsTheDuck Mon 28-Sep-09 16:10:43

mine mostly goes on petrol and the car, since he can't walk anywhere, and ferrying him to various appointments.

And washing, and now it's getting cold running the tumble drier, and replacing lost clothes, lunch bags, water bottles, pencil grips, etc. He's currently eating his jumpers sleeves, but he'll probably lose them before he reaches the shoulders.

Thankfully the washing machine is the landlady's not ours, so we don't have to replace that when it breaks. grin

Phoenix4725 Mon 28-Sep-09 17:21:50

ds has gone on his afos and the next months to and monts after is already spent as have to pay physio .Think im about 5 months ahead of the Dlapayments

porgie Mon 28-Sep-09 21:25:38

mine is dummies and nappies too, whats with the chewing them all of a sudden?
The nappy thing, maybe a good thing though ,as he does a wee then rips it off, am hoping the potty training will pick up soon. Also will be going on high house insurance premiums when we claim for all the things he's smashed over the last few weeks.

Marne Tue 29-Sep-09 09:51:39

Porgie- dd2 is doing the same thing with nappies (pee's and rips them off) hopefully its a good sign grin.

She has just started chewing the dummies, its costing me a fortune so now she only gets the cheep tesco's ones.

Marioandluigi Tue 29-Sep-09 11:24:47

Mine is going on lots of juice and blueberries, as DS's has decided that at the moent he wants to restrict is diet even more. I have also just bought a SMART farmes bead table on ebay at a bargain price of £61 including delivery, so I am quite pleased with that.

Im also putting a bit of it towards the elec bill, as my DH is also self employed and so we have no money this month either

Debs75 Tue 29-Sep-09 14:30:24

Ours is going towards the leccie and gas bills. DS likes every single light on (oh for the days when he wouldn't have a light on) and hardly wears any clothes so the heating will be on soon all the time.
Plus the usual washing of clothes and bedding.

Oh and possibly saving up to move as the council want to rip down our neighbours houses to make an access road to a new building site which means he will have new ways to escape

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now