Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

We got our walker...

(11 Posts)
eidsvold Tue 07-Jun-05 11:04:07

We got our walker today on loan from the physio - dd1 thinks she is sooo amazing. I made her walk on the footpath up the street - now I just have to stop her heading for the road !! She did really well walking with it.

coppertop Tue 07-Jun-05 11:13:51

Hurray! (not about walking into the road obviously!)

Thomcat Tue 07-Jun-05 11:21:30

Bless! . Wonderful news hon'.

It's actually ver mad that you posted this today as about an hour ago I rang my phsio and asked to see her to discuss getting lottie a walker!

We wwere out on Saturday and there was a toy walker, like a teeny tiny zimmer frame but yellow and purple palstic with stuff going on the front of it. L grabbed it and with minimum support from me, who had a finger under each armpit she took off. I felt her kegs give a bit after a few steps and took more of her wight but it was a great few seconds. So decided she's ready for a walker and rang the hossie this morning.

I so wish you weren't in Australia sometimes! Would be great to take them out together.

eidsvold Tue 07-Jun-05 22:44:57

TC - dd1 was given a pram for Christmas which we filled with phone books to give it some weight and she has been walking the house with it - all over the place. She is now so confident that we have taken the books out of the pram and she has minimal support in the pram. Hope your physio is better than ours - I feel like I have to nag and nag and suggest things rather than her doing it.

Hope she gets one soon. It really will make a difference.

I promise whenever we get back to the UK for a visit we must get together!!

Thomcat Tue 07-Jun-05 22:59:45

i'll hold you to that date Make it soon Or maybe not - wait till after new baby comes and meet him/her too and maybe Lottie will be walking and the big girls can run round together, ahhhhhh

eidsvold Tue 07-Jun-05 23:02:42

it costs so much now that we have one income and have to pay for at least dd1 - but we will get there....so no doubt they will be running around by the time we get there.

Thomcat Wed 08-Jun-05 08:56:23

Okay, we have a date for 2008 then!

Fio2 Wed 08-Jun-05 09:02:10

TC, her kegs gave way? kegs are pants in the west midlands

well done to both your girls

Thomcat Wed 08-Jun-05 10:23:06

Next to Cod I'm the worst typist on Mumsnet I reckon

geekgrrl Wed 08-Jun-05 10:28:17

TC, do you ever come to N. Yorks.? I think I told you a while ago about the sturdy pushalong cart we got for dd to help her walk - it's very big and heavy and doesn't tip.

Well, all mine have outgrown it now and tend to race it about at great speed ramming it into furniture or each other, so would be very happy to pass it on to you for Lottie. It's too big to post though!

Thomcat Wed 08-Jun-05 10:32:07

geekgrrl, bless you, that is a very generous offer and very kind and sweet. it look s fab hon', but alas never been to N.Yorks and no plans to tbh, but thank you so much anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now