Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

newbee

(14 Posts)
carrieorlando Thu 24-Sep-09 16:56:49

Hello everyone my name is Carrie, and I am a mum of 2 boys and a girl, my eldest boy has asd and aspergers and dispraxia, and my youngest boy is on the spectrum just waiting for a diagnosis, my eldest is nearly 9 and my daughter is nearly 7 and my youngest is nearly 5
I just thought I would introduce myself

carrie x

barnpot Thu 24-Sep-09 17:16:42

hi carrie, I'm newish to the sn forum I have a 1yo who has ceribral palsy but unsure which type yet.
<<<waves>>>>

carrieorlando Thu 24-Sep-09 17:30:08

Hi Barnpot, nice to meet you, I didnt know there was differant types of ceribral palsy ! ?
What do the doctors think ?
smile

bubblagirl Thu 24-Sep-09 17:34:46

welcome to MN i have ds 4.5 he has dx of HFA and is my little buddy have had a lot of help and have met some fab people off here hope you do too

2shoes Thu 24-Sep-09 17:41:43

hello wellcome to MN
i have a 14yr old dd who has cp

barnpot Thu 24-Sep-09 17:43:26

no neither did i til i had to look into it, its mainly to do with, which limbs are affected, if their muscles are too stiff or too loose and lack of co-ordination. about 90% of cp occurs in the womb, but ds was starved of oxygen at birth, which is what caused his. he also had seizures when he was born, which came back when he was 6 months old, but have fortunatly have gone away now I just pray everyday that they stay away.
but bless him hes bright as a button and knows what he wants (and how to get it!)

barnpot Thu 24-Sep-09 17:44:23

<<waves at everyone>>

boolifooli Thu 24-Sep-09 17:45:26

Hi Carrie, welcome to the board, I'm quite a newbie myself. My ds who is 3 developed problems with his balance and co-ordination after a virus that attacked part of his brain last summer and he is trying to learn how to walk all over again but progress is much slower than it was the first time around and Drs are not sure how much of a recovery he will make. He has also stopped growing and is about to undergo blood tests to examine growth hormones and possible gluten intolerance. I don't expect you to remember any of that if you're anything like me! Anyway I'm glad you posted, it can feel a little daunting on such a well established board.

carrieorlando Thu 24-Sep-09 18:41:17

Thanks very much everyone ! its so nice to chat to other mum's who have special needs children, just one thing can someone tell me what the names are for the words that are shortened ! ?

thanks

carrie xx

smile

bubblagirl Fri 25-Sep-09 07:25:14

there is acronym list at top of page but i'll link it to you easier

here

Phoenix4725 Fri 25-Sep-09 07:31:59

hi and welcome have 4dc , but tend post about ds3 who has a mixed bag of dx but is allround pickle

carrieorlando Fri 25-Sep-09 10:00:33

Thankyou Bubblagirl ! Now I can understand what everyone says now !

carrie x

meltedmarsbars Fri 25-Sep-09 10:31:45

Hi, I have found this site very useful for tips and ideas, and just as a place to share our different lives with our "differently abled" dc's.

I have 3, aged 10,8 and 7, the 7 y-o has a rare mitochondrial condition that leaves her unable to walk, talk and she is tube-fed.

It was actually an NHS Occupational Therapist who put me on to this site.

Welcome!

smile

carrieorlando Fri 25-Sep-09 12:55:00

Hi meltedmarsbars, it seems a really good forum, im also on ASD Friendly forum too, its so nice to chat to other mum's about life as a special needs parent as my friends dont have special needs kids, so its nice to give advice and get advice and to know that your not on your own !

carrie x

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now