Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

New group for parents of autistic children in Scotland

(6 Posts)
cyberseraphim Wed 23-Sep-09 11:06:25

I'm not trying to lure people away from Mumsnet but I thought parents in Scotland might like to know about a new Yahoo discussion group for parents of ASD children. The aim of the group (amongst other things) is to lobby the Scottish Parliament for better early intervetnion for autistic pre school children in Scotland. You can participate at any level - lurking is fine, you don't have to become a front line activist!

From the invitation I received

'..the focus is really on persuading the governement to somehow look at guaranteeing quality assured, governement regulated early intervention services that are at least part funded by local authorities. This would mean that the services that are out there already would have to adhere to certain standards, and that there would be an opening for more not for profit services to develop that could widen parental choice in Scotland.'

email me at cybercherubim@live.com if you want details of how to join.

brokenspacebar Wed 23-Sep-09 11:08:16

chers cyber, I am interested!

brokenspacebar Wed 23-Sep-09 11:09:29

Sorry my typing is naff today, cold fingers.

brokenspacebar Wed 23-Sep-09 11:11:54

Have e-mailed you.

glittery Wed 23-Sep-09 12:18:40

oh actually i keep meaning to post this link if anyones near North Lanarkshire

www.hopeforautism.org.uk/about.html

its a support group set up by parents and offers support, training and youth clubs for the kids

MoonlightMcKenzie Wed 23-Sep-09 19:35:17

Where's the England one? sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now