Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

need help ds with asperger please

(3 Posts)
trace2 Tue 22-Sep-09 21:15:11

ds 7 AS is in dd face i mean so much shes slapping him we telling him nothing works dd as her health problems herself and can not run or get away quick enough, the way things are going she is not wants anything to do with him and we are on at him all the time i hate myself for this how /what can we do to stop him? please

JustCutAndPaste Tue 22-Sep-09 21:59:05

trace2 ds2 is like this with ds3 (assumed NT but just a baby!)

Ds2 pokes his head into the buggy all the time, grabs ds3's arm, pinches his face, climbs on top of him etc. and I really don't know what to do about it. I am also going on about it all the time. It's such a shame, because every time ds2 goes near ds3 I assume he's going to be rough so I shout at him even if he's being gentle.

I have tried to write a social story to stop ds2 being so rough with ds3, but ground to a halt because I really couldn't understand his motivations. He is hopefully going to get some OT sessions sometime soon and I will bring it up with them.

So no advice but lots of sympathy here. Hopefully someone else will come along with good ideas for both of us.

trace2 Tue 22-Sep-09 22:07:08

JustCutAndPaste thank you for replying and sorry you going through same! we have asked our ds health workers about this but no one as any ideas only say be firm with him, he as no idea how it makes dd feel as he can not read her face or her crys to when to stop.

i was hoping some one on here as been through this so have tried different things to help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now