Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Funding from Social worker?

(5 Posts)
Marne Tue 22-Sep-09 18:40:44

Hi, i spoke to a mum a while ago at a local group and she mentioned that she gets funding through her social worker/social services to pay for child care and for someone to do her ironing. Does any one know how you go about getting this and who is entitled to it?

I am really struggling with getting things done around the house whilst trying to look after 2 autistic children, driving miles to take dd2 to sn nursery and running the house, i know a lot of people have it worse than me but if i could pay someone to do my ironing this would free up an hour or two a week which i could spend doing therapy with dd2 or on other jobs.

feelingbetter Tue 22-Sep-09 18:46:20

Is it direc payments she's referring to?

feelingbetter Tue 22-Sep-09 18:47:04

Obv thats direct payments, doh!

Mitchell81 Tue 22-Sep-09 19:09:06

It must be direct payments.You are lucky in our area it has to be childcare and not house cleaning or ironing. Which would be much more help.

Marne Tue 22-Sep-09 20:06:18

Thats it 'direct payments' grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now