Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

A huge milestone reached with ocd dd!!

(5 Posts)
deaddei Tue 22-Sep-09 15:06:24

After 2 years of missing school trips because of ocd- she fears children vomiting- dd went on an hour length coach journey yesterday and had the most amazing activity day with her year group.
I am so proud of her- she would get so wound up about it before that she would self harm. Now we have to work on the 24 hour coach journey to Spain in May.......

bradsmissus Tue 22-Sep-09 15:24:32

That's great! Glad she enjoyed herself. If you don't mind my asking, how old is she? Also, what made it different his time and how did she/you overcome the issue?

deaddei Tue 22-Sep-09 15:26:24

Just 13.
She's had 6 months of cbt, and she has been very determined to overcome things. She desperately wanted to go on this trip- her teacher (her fave one0 said she could be in her group, and I think she realises how much fun she's missed.
Now we have to stop the head bobbing and worrying about her brother.....

bradsmissus Tue 22-Sep-09 15:28:55

Thanks. Just thinking of a friend who may find this helpful. Hope she enjoys many more trips!

Marne Tue 22-Sep-09 20:22:06

Well done to your dd, she's braver than me grin (i also have a fear of vomiting), i went on a trip with dd2 a few months ago and shook all the way there. Thats such great news smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now