Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Potty training impasse

(4 Posts)
MavisEnderby Sat 19-Sep-09 22:15:55

dd 3.9 AND PT GOING NOWHERE!

sHE IS DEV ABOUT 18-2.

dO i LEACVE IT AND TRY AGAIN LATER?

TIA.

MojoLost Sun 20-Sep-09 06:51:26

It took me about 10months to potty train DS1 (SN), it took me about 2 weeks to potty train DS2 (NT). So I know the pain.

It was hell, there was lots of cleaning up, washing, I used all sorts of reinforcers. In the end I think it happened when DS1 was ready.

What sort of things are you doing? How long have you been trying? Does DD show any interest at all in the toilet?

If she is developmentaly 18-2, then maybe she is a bit young for it.

Marne Sun 20-Sep-09 17:44:38

Dd2 is 3,7 and we are trying to potty train, we have been trying for a month so far, some days she wears pants and stays dry, other days she just wee's all over the house. Dd2 will sit on the potty but gets anxious when she needs a wee and jumps up doing it all over the floor.

catkinq Tue 22-Sep-09 17:17:14

dd2 is nearly 7 and still not completely reliable. We started when he was 3 1/2 and it took well over a year and a half before we could go out without an accident (and it wasn't just the odd wee!). dd was far easier but again we did not start until she was 3 and a half. ds2 is 3 and a half now and still in nappies.
Catkinq

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now