Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How sad

(51 Posts)
happymerryberries Sun 05-Jun-05 18:07:06

....That the parent of an SN child could insinuate that other SN children have the problems that they have because their parents are in some way to blame.

I thought that the 'refrigerator mother' theory had largely died a death and thank god for it.

I might well be making things worse by posting this, I honestly hope that I am not.

But how very, very sad that people have ended up being abused on a part of the site that has always been so supportive. I hope that things get back to normal asap.

coppertop Sun 05-Jun-05 18:09:37

Couldn't agree more, hmb!

sparklymieow Sun 05-Jun-05 18:30:03

I know the thread you are talking about, and it is sad, made me quite mad actually

misdee Sun 05-Jun-05 18:32:26

??

AngelCakeUmm Sun 05-Jun-05 18:32:48

I agree this is very very sad but i have not seen the thread

coppertop Sun 05-Jun-05 18:34:24

It's annoying because if the poster had read all the posts on the thread they would have seen that they are NOT the only ones living with AS/HFA. It's also sad because they could have got so much from MN.

happymerryberries Sun 05-Jun-05 18:36:43

I find it so odd that this person is fighting with the people who have the closest undertanding of ASD. If she was havinbg apunch up with me, I'd understand it better!

Jimjams Sun 05-Jun-05 18:38:47

maybe she's drunk?

binkie Sun 05-Jun-05 18:39:01

Does anyone think the statement that they "joined" that thread "for research purposes" now sounds a little odd?

I just wonder whether the later posts may perhaps be the child, not the parent? (If taken at face value at all?)

coppertop Sun 05-Jun-05 18:40:09

Apparently the poster's ds is 12 so it's possible that it could be him instead. Very sad either way.

suedonim Sun 05-Jun-05 18:43:17

and at what has gone on.

MABS Sun 05-Jun-05 18:45:38

Binkie - good point. the word 'research' seemed odd to me too.

AngelCakeUmm Sun 05-Jun-05 18:46:54

Now i have seen it and i am totally ed i can't believe the way that person is speaking its very very

coppertop Sun 05-Jun-05 18:52:39

It's strange that the poster has never mentioned having AS themselves before today so I'm still wondering if it's the poster's ds. The posts are certainly very childish. As others have speculated it may also be someone who has come over here following the TES thread.

misdee Sun 05-Jun-05 18:54:40

TES thread?

lemonice Sun 05-Jun-05 18:56:11

I apologise for interfering on that thread just couldn't help myself, I hope I didn't wind things up even more

coppertop Sun 05-Jun-05 18:56:56

On the TES site (a site mainly for teachers) there is a thread about ASBOs and autism. To say it got heated is probably an understatement. I don't know the address but if you go to the TES staffroom forum and click on "opinions" you should be able to find it - if it hasn't been deleted yet.

Davros Sun 05-Jun-05 18:58:29

Oh no, and its me again The only 2 times we've had agro on SN its been me..... I post quite spontaneously and feel very relaxed here, maybe I should be more cautious?

coppertop Sun 05-Jun-05 19:00:35

Davros - I think this time you were the innocent party! I re-read your post umpteen times and still couldn't find anything to trigger off an attack like that.

You can keep your "old cow" title though.

Jimjams Sun 05-Jun-05 19:01:17

it's ok davros - we're sweetness and light compared to the TES.

RnB Sun 05-Jun-05 19:02:22

Message withdrawn

happymerryberries Sun 05-Jun-05 19:06:11

The comment was something along the lines of 'is it any wonder your children are lf' Which left me astonished as it was so offensive.

RnB Sun 05-Jun-05 19:07:14

Message withdrawn

happymerryberries Sun 05-Jun-05 19:09:37

Sorry, re -read it and it is ' it is no co-incidence that your children are lf'

Initialy I read that as being ....'because of you as parents' Re-reading it I realise it could be co-incidence that the people who were 'against' her were parents of lf children.

happymerryberries Sun 05-Jun-05 19:11:54

This

'Oh yes, I notice the ones who have stuck up for you are jimjams and BH. What a coincidence your kids are not HF! What is it with you LF parents, jealousy or what??????????????????????????'

Was the bit I read in that way, and now see that it can be read in another, equally offensive, way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now