Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

car harnesses.....

(3 Posts)
meerkatsandkookaburras Thu 17-Sep-09 06:19:22

we have a crelling but ds escapes it, rocks his seat in it loosening it, leans out and headbuts window, and the list goes on, we need a better one. preferably not too expensive although if it is ill have to try get it funded by a charity as dp has lost his job now so were skint!! hes so not safe now i need to find an alternative, what does everyone have that might be suitable for an autistic, escape artist who if he can reach things launches them at you and if he cant headbangs on the windows so needs to be well harness in. really a straight jacket may do it but short of that any ideas??? someone did suggest me one a while back but i cant find it now!

should add the crelling one we have is with the cross strap and steel buckle he just wriggles and rocks til it loosens enough for him to kind of worm and bend lol hes a little houdini!!

Pixel Thu 17-Sep-09 17:04:20

The taxi that takes ds to school uses a harness like this (model 13) which seems to be escape-proof. Depends what sort of car you have though as you need to be able to do it up from behind the seat.

BethNoire Thu 17-Sep-09 18:16:30

After a similar experience, I ofund that no OT I can trace knows of a harness better than the crelling.

But do check- does yours have the optional chest belt? Apaprently (well they said to me) they can fit it if that wasnt requested on ordering for not too much money

Ours didn't have a cross strap somaybe not same model- ours is in the picture so if you do get that one (22 IIRC) get the chest strap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now