Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How do I still forget and try to do something "nice"?

(3 Posts)
Flamesparrow Mon 14-Sep-09 18:19:47

DH had to work late, so rather than collecting DD and taking her straight home, I arranged to go see my mum for a bit.

All fine and happy there, but now we are home, she has turned into yelling screaming child from hell, not helped by me daring to ask her to help tidy the lounge hmm.

I don't know what to do for the best any more. She loves going to my mum's etc (part of her routine is to whinge every bloody night that we aren't "doing something"), but I can't handle this any more either.

BethNoire Mon 14-Sep-09 18:34:59

I think the most likely strategy is to decide things before school, and keep to that- if soemthing comes up like this you can go with it, but knowing that the meltdown will in all likelihood follow. Sometimes that's a cost worth bearing.

Have CAT's you

Flamesparrow Mon 14-Sep-09 19:01:13

Ooh thank you <intrigued>

I only found out at lunchtime today that DH was working on. I guess even though we are several years down the line of being fairly certain DD has AS, I still lapse into treating her with things that I could cope with as an NT person.

Does it eventually become second nature?

I'm worrying about Friday. She is currently at gym club at school which is terrible and I resent paying good money to people who teach her nothing, I have found her another one (as she does like gym), but she probably will know no-one. She'll either completely throw me and not bat an eyelid, or refuse point blank to join in because it isn't where she wants to be.

Not that any of that is relevant to the thread blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now