Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Not liking eyes

(5 Posts)
Barmymummy Sat 12-Sep-09 16:52:41

DS has never liked them....sad so he decides to poke at them.

When he was 2/3 he was awful. Would sit on your lap, grin at you and then poke at your eyes hard and fast. It has stopped tbh for months now but today he has literally with no warning whilst playing excitedly with DD stabbed/poked both her eyes with his fingers.

She is obviously very upset/hurt and I am just soooo angry at him I have sent him to his room to keep him out my way. He has also yesterday broken one of the eyes in a dolly so has clearly been pressing/stabbing at them.

Why oh why does he do this? sad

Barmymummy Sat 12-Sep-09 21:18:53

bumpety bump smile

iwearflairs Sat 12-Sep-09 21:33:25

wish I could help, but kind of bumping, kind of adding that my DS sometimes finds it hard to look at eyes. I think it is when they are bloodshot!

PipinJo Sat 12-Sep-09 21:42:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

streakybacon Sun 13-Sep-09 08:04:01

Ds used to have a thing about reflections - would watch himself in the mirror or blank tv screen, especially when he was emotional. Loved to watch him self laughing or crying grin. That extended to being able to see himself in people's eyes. He could tolerate it when he was calm but if he got upset it really bothered him. It used to make me wonder if that could be behind some children's inability to hold eye contact.

Sorry, doesn't help much but that was the reason for ds's dislike of eyes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now