Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Such a silly thing to most RL people but to me its huge :o)

(10 Posts)
Barmymummy Fri 11-Sep-09 17:16:13

DS at playschool does "rising 5's" which is getting him to do things with a teacher 1:1 such as drawing, making things, outside play, role play etc etc and today she said to me that she was going to do 'dressing up' with DS. My face said it all and I wished her the best of luck as DS hates dressing up and refuses to do it!! sad.

Went to pick him up and she had a huge grin on her face and said "HE DID IT!" I looked completely unconvinced at her and she said "I even took a photo coz I knew you wouldn't believe me!". And there he was....dressed up as a pirate grin. Apparently he wasn't exactly ecstatic at the idea and took it off pronto when they had finished but he actually DID IT!

Am so proud and chuffed......smile One small step at a time eh?!

waitingforgodot Fri 11-Sep-09 17:21:24

Thats brilliant!!

anonandlikeit Fri 11-Sep-09 17:43:16

Fantastic!!!! DS2 (6) has NEVER dressed up, well done your ds

Marne Fri 11-Sep-09 17:45:17

Well done grin, dd1 also did dressing up for the first time today at school (she's 5.5).

Barmymummy Fri 11-Sep-09 17:49:33

Yay well done!!! Its sooo true though that every little milestone he makes I celebrate so much more than I do/did with DD. DD masters things so quick that I don't have time to notice it half the time blush

Am GOING to make sure I do from now on though smile

meltedmarsbars Fri 11-Sep-09 17:52:07

Its not a silly thing, its a milestone!

2shoes Fri 11-Sep-09 17:54:43

oh thank you for sharing, you made me smile, well done your DS

Barmymummy Fri 11-Sep-09 18:00:27

Awww thanks everyone smile

mysonben Fri 11-Sep-09 18:13:47

Well done to your DS!!! smile

HelensMelons Fri 11-Sep-09 19:17:56

Aw, well done to your ds - that's brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now