Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Christmas Panto - dedicated Special Needs Performance

(13 Posts)
Glitterknickaz Thu 10-Sep-09 23:33:38

Picture this scenario. A theatre in your county has a dedicated special needs performance of its panto. One where nobody has to worry if their kids want to stim, shout, get up and wander - whatever. All the parents have been there and have experience. You really can enjoy the performance without worrying about what your child is doing.

Even better - the star this year is Justin Fletcher.

Would you go?

I'm trying to canvass opinion as I'm trying to persuade my local council to do this.... so your opinions really would be appreciated!

Phoenix4725 Fri 11-Sep-09 06:17:11

yes I would long as siblings can come to and justin he ranks as here in our house

NorthernSky Fri 11-Sep-09 07:10:31

Message withdrawn

Glitterknickaz Fri 11-Sep-09 10:05:43

oh yes, definitely for FAMILIES with kids with SN, parents, siblings, grandparents if necessary!

donkeyderby Fri 11-Sep-09 20:13:27

I'd love our local theatre to do a SN showing of a panto! You've reminded me - I must get in touch with them. I know they do them elsewhere (I've heard of one in London...?)

Lovely idea. Sod inclusion, it isn't fun to have the only loud, wandering child in the audience. Let us know how you get on!

Phoenix4725 Fri 11-Sep-09 21:15:48

onew where ds wont be shoved at back becaus ethats the place for wheelchairs forgetting that ds is only 4 and a very small 4 and cant see over heads infront

mysonben Sat 12-Sep-09 14:57:47

Yep would love to take DS along.
Great idea.

BethNoire Sat 12-Sep-09 15:03:05

I'd go like a shot

We get priority tickets for the whole family so we can book for free when it is quietest, fab

TheDMshouldbeRivened Sat 12-Sep-09 15:51:51

this the audience we are talking about?
Sounds great but what would be better is a show you can take SN kids too that the non-disabled people don't stare or tut or whine. Because everyone is accepted.
Hey, a flying pig....

BethNoire Sat 12-Sep-09 18:29:40

Actually I should say the council has put something like this on for october to celebrate the anniversary of the local theatre- typically a Saturday we can't make it, followed by a workshop accessible to NT and SN alike, with assistants apparently expert in assisting those in wheelchairs to participate.

2shoes Sat 12-Sep-09 18:38:26

I would take dd

waitingforgodot Sat 12-Sep-09 18:42:25

I think its a great idea

bodeniites Sat 12-Sep-09 18:48:23

my dh takes my ds2 s who has autism to concerts ,pantos etc and he has found nearly everyone is really supportive and dont moan about him dh also actually works with adults with sn and puts on concerts plays etc with the clients from his day centre their performances are phenomenal (sorry if client offends anyone thats what the people he works with are known as )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now