Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Do you have a mobility van - if so who did the conversion please?

(15 Posts)
saltyseadog Tue 08-Sep-09 22:33:02

DH and I are about to bite the bullet and buy a van for dd. However, we have no idea where to start in making sure we get the right van for us, and also choose the right conversion for us.

Can anyone recommend models/ garages/ conversion companies please? Thanks

saltyseadog Wed 09-Sep-09 07:27:17

bump

we're looking at going to gowrings - not sure who their competitors are?

zakmum Wed 09-Sep-09 08:13:39

Hi,
If your dd recieves higher rate mobility then you can get a mobility car or van from any big dealership.They can adjust the vehicle for you aswell.

LollipopViolet Wed 09-Sep-09 09:22:01

If you're in the South, Brotherwoods is very good (did our adaptions so we could carry my uncle in his wheelchair). Now we've moved I can't remember where we got the Sedona from...

saltyseadog Wed 09-Sep-09 14:20:05

Thanks both . I'll give Brotherwoods a call too.

glitteryb6 Wed 09-Sep-09 17:11:21

We have a Kia Sedona Centro conversion from Brook Miller, We were at the Independent living show today and looked at the other companies who convert Sedonas and i still like the BM conversion the best....and its the cheapest! grin

glitteryb6 Wed 09-Sep-09 17:22:08

Brook Miller (£6,750) nice conversion!
Lewis Reed (£7,950) pretty similar but with different anchor points and tracking on the floor
Brotherwood (£16,250shock) half of the floor is cut away at an angle so not as much space behind the wheelchair

TheDMshouldbeRivened Wed 09-Sep-09 17:48:59

gowrings very expensive. we're getting ours from O&H (versa). its a VW trasnporter.

glitteryb6 Wed 09-Sep-09 18:06:44

is that O&H Mobility or Versa (Widnes car centre) grin you been on the sauce again?

glitteryb6 Wed 09-Sep-09 18:08:54

what did you go for lift or ramp?

saltyseadog Wed 09-Sep-09 18:11:04

Did someone mention sauce ? I would kill to be on the sauce at the moment - nightmare day with physios and OTs <screeeammmS>.

Thanks for all the responses, I'll have a look at your other suggestions. The price difference is shocking shock!

saltyseadog Wed 09-Sep-09 18:11:43

PS - I'm secretly lusting after a VW Transporter too .

TheDMshouldbeRivened Wed 09-Sep-09 18:18:29

oh, widnes <slaps head>
I've been vomming all day, brain isn't working so well

TheDMshouldbeRivened Wed 09-Sep-09 18:18:56

with a lift. The ramp angle made dd's wheelchair tip backwards.

saltyseadog Wed 09-Sep-09 19:21:12

Excellent. They are way cheaper than gowrings! Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now