Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

HELP!!! Where can I get a private ASD assesment done... I am Oxfordshire

(9 Posts)
hotmamalovespavlova Mon 07-Sep-09 21:46:40

I am thinking the battle of being taken seriously by Gp's and HV's is going to be a long one.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can pay for a development assessment of my 2.2 dd?

Gut instinct tells me there's more to her behaviour and lack of understanding than just a naughty toddler.
I would be failing her to leave it until the health professionals bore of suggesting parenting classes.
Early intervention surely is the best way.

Many thanks in advance

mysonben Mon 07-Sep-09 23:22:19

Don't know where you could get a private assessmment, sorry.
But maybe a cheaper option would be try to go to BIBIC in Bristol, they will do a full developmental assessment, and more...they won't do dx but they will give you a full report of the assessment. Maybe you could present the report to your unhelpful GP and HV to be you up?

I really do feel your frustration. Good luck.

mysonben Mon 07-Sep-09 23:23:15

Ooops meant to say "report to back you up"

notfromaroundhere Tue 08-Sep-09 09:50:12

The National Autistic Society may be able to provide you details of the private dx route in your area.

It may be worth considering getting a private SALT assessment www.helpwithtalking.com/; whilst a SALT cannot dx ASD the information you get will likely be more helpful to you as a parent to addressing your DD's difficulties now.

hotmamalovespavlova Wed 09-Sep-09 10:13:51

Thank you so much I will look into both options

smile

tclanger Wed 09-Sep-09 11:41:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hotmamalovespavlova Wed 09-Sep-09 16:39:33

Hello,

Your Blog is very touching and personal-I have limited time today but will read in full when the little one is in bed.
I struggle to understand why getting help requires such a fight-after all we are trying to do right by our kids.

smile

mysonben Wed 09-Sep-09 16:44:17

HotMLP,I suspect as with a lot of things it is down to "not enough money" for childrens'services. hmm

tclanger Wed 09-Sep-09 22:08:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now