Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

anyone know place to get visual scheduler

(6 Posts)
tink123 Sat 05-Sep-09 16:32:03

Hi, DD is going thro a bad time with anxiety, mainly due to what is going to happen during course of the day.

Thought a visual planner would be a good idea. has anyone bought one or ideas for making one. I thought about downloads pics or taking photos and laminating them.

moondog Sat 05-Sep-09 19:07:18

Does your child gwet help in school? If so they will have access to a good picture system such as Widgit or Boardmaker.

You could use pictures from Google Images or take photos though. Talk me through what causes problems and I'll try and help.

tink123 Sat 05-Sep-09 19:27:28

she worries about changing events, like say we are going to the park and we change our minds she has trouble dealing with it. She also asks over and over again - what time it is, when we are going somewhere.
She is just going through bad period at mo. TBH I think she needs to go back to school and have structure. We are trying to do structure more at home and visually planning what we are doing for the day.
We have started using a visual countdown programme on computer so she can see a countdown to the next event. Also started a worry box which seems to be helping alot

moondog Sat 05-Sep-09 19:38:06

Does she read?
A simple written list can help?
Also a calendar on which you write down upcoming events. Get her to cross the day off at the end of each one.

magso Sat 05-Sep-09 19:40:31

I have a wall chart sized picture holder with clear pockets to put in pictures of what is to happen. Got it from TKMaxx. School (sn) let me take some pictures before ds was due to start last year(classroom, play ground, dinner room, new teacher, etc). But I used to use a little washing line ( the sort you take on holiday) and peg photoes on it.

moondog Sat 05-Sep-09 19:42:49

Washing line idea is great.
Organised mum do fantastic practical planners and organisers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now