Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Did anyone read the article in yesterday's Mail about Quentin Wilson's son?

(10 Posts)
SecondhandRose Wed 01-Jun-05 18:48:10

Very interesting reading, just wondered what others thought.

Basically he was showing signs of ADHD and dyspraxia although for 5 years they got no proper answers from anyone.

He went to a chiropractor who diagnosed that 3 of his vertabrae were out of line and (I think) some of his nerves were trapped. He apparently slept all night for the first time ever after his first visit to the chiropractor and is now back in mainstream school after many more visits.

Chocol8 Wed 01-Jun-05 18:53:04

I saw this too and thought it was amazing. Obviously they aren't suggesting that this treatment can help with all children, but if it hadn't been for the woman who mentioned the son's posture wasn't right, he would have gone on to lead a very different life.

milge Wed 01-Jun-05 18:57:12

Yes, mil sent it to me from the telegraph on thursday. DD has been greatly helped my a cranial osteopath, who does the same type of "bony" thing as a chiropracter. Was with the osteopath today with dd, and he'd seen the article too and said he hoped the mainstream medics would give "alternatives" some credit now

Ulysees Thu 02-Jun-05 22:55:28

cranial osteopath changed ds2s life - and ours!!

SecondhandRose Fri 03-Jun-05 12:21:32

Bump

Marina Fri 03-Jun-05 12:24:49

I saw the original DT article too, milge. Really fascinating and how great it helped the little guy so much.

Fio2 Fri 03-Jun-05 12:25:07

there is an article in todays mail about a woman who's sons had aspergers syndrome 9she had it herself aswell) she had to fight to have them diagnosed and fight for services. Social services put in her notes she was an attention seeker and this was relayed back to her GP in a report. The woman got cancer and wasnt sent for tests as she was seen to be attention seeking. She has since died leaving a widow and two sons with aspergers. i have tried to find the story online but cant (her name was Mrs Storey I think)

assumedname Fri 03-Jun-05 12:26:15

That's awful, Fio.

Ulysees Sun 05-Jun-05 12:49:02

Fio, that lady you mention felt very let down by social services and ignored her back pain as she didn't dare go to the docs for fear her children would be taken into care or away from them in any case. She died of kidney cancer. Her dh and her had been blamed for a lot of the behaviour (childrens)

coppertop Sun 05-Jun-05 13:31:43

Debbie Storey was a member of another list I'm on. She was an amazing woman and has done so much to help other people. A lot of people out there are going to remember her for a very long time. The way she was treated by the powers-that-be was absolutely disgusting. Even sadder is that her case was not just a one-off.

The QL story was very misleading IMHO. The headline said that his son's autism has been cured - even though the little boy didn't actually have autism in the first place. At no point was he dx'ed with it. Instead QL said that it was something that had been "suggested" to them - along with a long list of other possibilities.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: