Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ds dx with autism today.

(8 Posts)
logi Fri 04-Sep-09 20:55:24

We were told my son has autism he is 5.I have know for a very long time and am so relieved that somebody has finally confirmed it.He had an ADOS test which said he wasnt ASD yet they refer him for longer assessments,today we were told that others didnt see autism initially because he is bright and has good communication skills,but on longer observations in other areas he was severe, social,repetativeness,fussy with clothing,very fussy with food and very controling. I am relieved,sad and angry as the past few years have been difficult also worried for his future.

daisy5678 Fri 04-Sep-09 21:00:02

I know, it's a funny mixture of feelings you get with a dx, isn't it.

It's hard not to worry for the future, but there is so much going on for autism in most areas now. Take it one step at a time and the good thing about a dx is that it is a signpost for further help.

logi Fri 04-Sep-09 21:07:18

givememoresleep thanks, i guess we will get some support now and we know what we are dealing with.

mysonben Sat 05-Sep-09 11:53:23

Hi, getting a dx is a double edge sword really, well sad in one way but relief in the other. this dx will be a source of help.

Take care.

AngryWasp Sat 05-Sep-09 12:44:48

Remember, your ds isn't any more autistic than he was before the dx iyswim! smile

logi Sat 05-Sep-09 15:20:54

thankyou for your replies.

AngryWasp Sat 05-Sep-09 16:36:27

come back and ask as many questions as you like...smile

HelensMelons Sat 05-Sep-09 18:18:00

Hi Logi

It is such a mixture of feelings - I hope you can access the supports you need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now