Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Childrens ear protetors

(10 Posts)
5inthebed Fri 04-Sep-09 10:16:31

Does anyone know where I can get some of these for DS2? He is getting quite bad with noises in busy places, so I think investing in some would be a good idea.

Davros Fri 04-Sep-09 12:56:56

Google the Transair Pilot shop. They also sell those things you can wee in out and about!

wigglybeezer Fri 04-Sep-09 15:58:23

I've got peltor ones, very widely available in internet shops.

Marne Fri 04-Sep-09 16:01:45

Dd2 could do with some, she wears a hat and ear muffs in the winter. We took her to a fete at the weekend and she hated the sound of the vicar talking over the speakers.

5inthebed Fri 04-Sep-09 17:36:57

I've just bought a pair of bright green Peltor ones off Ebay, thanks for the recomendation. For £18 they're not cheap though are they!

The green will look great next to his ginger hair grin

Davros Fri 04-Sep-09 18:42:17

Bloody vicars..... grin
Green and ginger go well, just ask my oirish relatives!

pushkar Fri 04-Sep-09 20:29:17

we use hats and head phones

5inthebed Fri 04-Sep-09 21:21:51

I don't think DS2 would wear headphones tbh. He needs the noise shut off almost completely.

ommmward Sat 05-Sep-09 17:28:59

Peltor ear defenders really do cut the noise almost completely.

Best £18 I ever spent, seriously.

ommmward Sat 05-Sep-09 17:31:56

you can get noise cancelling headphones too random list (and, an aside, how the hell do they do that? make headphones which cancel out the noise coming in?)

Initial resistance to peltor headphones might be overcome by saying clearly what distressing noise they'll stop. "magic pink baby-no-cry headphones!!" or whatever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now