Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Trousers to fit over nappies?

(14 Posts)
Marne Wed 02-Sep-09 12:59:40

Dd2 needs some trousers for winter, at the moment she is still in nappies (trying to potty train), most trousers don't allow room for a nappy and are too tight around her bottom and between her legs. So i need to find trousers that have room for a nappy and are easy to pull up and down for potty training.

I like these but i don't want to fork out that much if they are not a good fit.

Any recommendations?

magso Wed 02-Sep-09 13:19:17

I found H+M quite good for boys ( so presume the girls stock is too)- there are usually a couple of styles that pull up and have a little more room in the seat. The boys cord baggies at boden work well for my much older ds and are plain enough to be unisex.
Goodluck with the potty training!

Marne Wed 02-Sep-09 13:59:41

Thank you, We havn't got a H&M near us sad but i might be able to pick some up on e-bay. I have ordered a pair of Boden trousers for dd1 so i can see if they are ok for her sister.

Fluffypoms Wed 02-Sep-09 14:13:37

was going to say H&M too as their trousers all have adjustable waist. can order online too im sure.
Or primark have leggings/tracksuit bottoms for girls.

ouryve Wed 02-Sep-09 14:14:55

Next do some styles in a plus fit, if that's any help. They're also big on the adjustable waist thing.

Marne Wed 02-Sep-09 14:39:40

Thanks, i will check in Next but their trousers often seem long in the leg and tight around the tummy, dd has short legs and a round tummy grin, i suppose it depends on the design.

r3dh3d Wed 02-Sep-09 15:08:16

ime:
- try boy's trousers. Cut wider/chunkier and higher in the waist.
- go up a size and shorten, or buy capris.
- avoid "bootcut" like the plague

Yer problem is not so much the width (which you can usually get one way or another) but you need about an inch extra in the rise at the back.

TotalChaos Wed 02-Sep-09 15:45:18

agree with r3 about boys' trousers. never had problems with getting trousers to fit over DS's nappies (he wasn't fully trained till nearly 4).

meltedmarsbars Wed 02-Sep-09 20:58:18

dd2 is still in nappies, aged 7. We go for joggers in various colours, with soft waist so it doesn't rub her mic-key button. Can never get woven trousers over the nappy. Try Gap and next. And Mackays.

5inthebed Wed 02-Sep-09 21:35:30

What about Tesco? Their trousers usually have elasticated waists.

Jen2009 Tue 08-Sep-09 01:02:41

I used to put my son in the track suit bottoms they sell at Marks and Spencer. You get 2 in a pack for 6 pounds and they never wear out. A more fashionable (and expensive) option are the cotton trousers from American Apparel. They are GREAT for potty training. There's a shop in London on High Street Kensington, but they are also on the web. The cotton trousers come in a heavy cotton and a light cotton. We always used the light ones, but the heavy ones might be better for winter. They wear well too. I got my son two pairs (in a size that was pretty big-ish on him) and they lasted a long time (altho had to iron them toward the end to make them look ok).

Phoenix4725 Tue 08-Sep-09 07:43:11

mothercare are normally very gernous in there cut had have adjustable waist and lots room around bum area am laughing as ds is wearing 2-3 for school and is just out of nappies but we have them cinced in so tight like wearing clowns pants

wraith Tue 22-Sep-09 22:05:23

trousers? i find joggers or cargos are the best bet if yo can find them in her size, cargos are meant to be more loose and baggy ad hide extra bulk quite well regardless of age

sarah293 Wed 23-Sep-09 08:39:49

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now