Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Awaiting Results.

(14 Posts)
Fluffypoms Wed 02-Sep-09 12:44:49

For DD2 and feels like times stood still,
Obviously i dont want their tobe anything wrong but then worried that nothing will show up! Does that sound wrong?

How did/does anyone cope with the waiting?
Try talking to family/friends in RL but dont seem to understand.

Sorry bit of self pity..

mysonben Wed 02-Sep-09 13:16:41

I understand what you mean, you need answers.
It's natural, because it's so stressing when you're not sure of anything.

It's a bit the same with me and my ds, on the point that when we start the dx assessment for asd with CAMHS, i will be worried that they may say "no it's not asd!" shock And at the same time i don't want them to say it is.
The point is we need to know what is wrong so we can deal with it better even if it hurts.

Hang in there, and i hope you get the answers you need.

Fluffypoms Wed 02-Sep-09 13:43:04

Thank you, means so much to be understood.
I feel like paed keeping me in the dark too whenever i ask so what tis it you Think are looking for. always told "oh we have a list" and dont worry!

bunnyrabbit Wed 02-Sep-09 14:43:37

Hi Fluffy,
Are you waiting results of an assessment with the Paed? I would find out who his secratary is and ring her. I did and was very polite chatty and just asked if the report had been typed up yet and who it was being sent to and for an ETA. She was very helpful.

'Tis all a waiting game I'm afraid and I do know what you mean about the diagnosis. You want nothing to be wrong with her, and yet if, there is a diagnosis, then you will get help and support. It's so difficult.

Hope you get something soon.. and you too mysonben

BR

Fluffypoms Wed 02-Sep-09 15:02:01

Awaiting the results of mri scan and eeg.
But have a letter that i guess is a copy of what the paeds send to gp?
She had FBC when last at hospital and two results are high and 1 low. rest are numbers i dont understand.

She has been refered to community paeds (intregated service for disabled children?)
Despite not having results yet. so am i to presume that paeds know already/have a good idea whats wrong with my DD?

bunnyrabbit Wed 02-Sep-09 15:11:58

I would assume they have some idea. Have you posted a thread about your DDs symptoms/issues before? I'm sure an MNer more knowledgable in this area would be able to give you some info.

BR

Fluffypoms Wed 02-Sep-09 15:13:15

Yes a while back.

Fluffypoms Wed 02-Sep-09 16:31:06

Bump

TheDMshouldbeRivened Wed 02-Sep-09 16:51:30

I hate waiting for eeg results in case its bad news.
I fret.
But there's never anyone to talk too.

Fluffypoms Wed 02-Sep-09 18:28:43

Thanks Rivern.
The EEG for absences and Jerky arms/legs. so sort of know the outcome..
But she is not yet walking or standing alone when standing aided she has considerable toe arch and a v wide based gait.
This wouldnt be due to epilepsy would it??

TheDMshouldbeRivened Wed 02-Sep-09 18:39:59

unliekly. I guess thats why you had the MRI then?

Fluffypoms Wed 02-Sep-09 18:49:38

Thanks, I cant get anymore as to why from the paeds Just they have a list?
I checked out the type of community paeds we have been refered to (havent seen them yet)
says intregated service for disabled children and i dont even know what that means?

meltedmarsbars Wed 02-Sep-09 20:51:15

The community paed is your access point for local services, they have the say-so for the Physio, OT, SALT, wheelchair services, sometimes have some weight to throw about for respite, etc. A good community paed can make a big difference to how much and quality of services you get.

The waiting is a pain, though.

Fluffypoms Sat 05-Sep-09 21:19:47

Thank you melted Guess I am just going to have to wait and see what the out come is.
Just wish i had some answers so wasnt driving myself Barmy. smile

Wish i had someone to say now "Right this is what it is"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now