Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I need to make dd2 some more PECS cards by tomorrow...

(7 Posts)
Marne Wed 02-Sep-09 11:00:06

And my printer won't work sad.

Dd's SALT has advised me to make her some smaller cards so we can fit more in her PECS book, stupid me said 'yes, i can do that on the PC' and now my printer wont work.

She goes back to nursery tomorrow and as her speech has come a long a lot in 6 weeks they want her to have PECS cards for all the things she might ask for as her speech is not always clear.

I need cards for:
Lego
Colouring
Play-dough
Potty
Toilet
Puzzle

Do you think it would be ok if i just draw them and laminate them or should i just give up and ask the nursery/SALT to do them for me tomorrow?

sodit Wed 02-Sep-09 11:32:42

hi, is there any way you could save them and print them off somewhere else eg library?

Marne Wed 02-Sep-09 11:48:49

Can't get to the library sad. I think i will just have to ask at nursery tomorrow.

sodit Wed 02-Sep-09 13:00:36

think i would draw the cards even as a temporary measure just in case as its beginning of term they may not get a chance to do it for a couple of days.

jasdox Wed 02-Sep-09 13:06:08

i agree i would draw them, well actually for me I would trace over the ones on the pc as I cannot draw.

haggisaggis Wed 02-Sep-09 13:11:34

Could you prep them on the PC and then send as an e-mail to the nursery? Much quicker for them to just print them than prepare them and print.

Marne Wed 02-Sep-09 14:00:56

I think the nursery have the soft wear on their pc so if i write a list they can print them off for me (i hope).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now