Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

makaton help - sign for 'assembly'?

(8 Posts)
nuru Tue 01-Sep-09 17:19:34

hi there
am doing some teacher training at dd2's school tomorrow and wanted to teach them some basic school related signs. does anyone know the sign for 'assembly', please????
thanks!

nuru Tue 01-Sep-09 20:39:26

anyone???

nymphadora Tue 01-Sep-09 20:41:41

Open hands pointing up facing each other , then bring fingers down folding in to each other. Like everyone coming together ?

RaggedRobin Tue 01-Sep-09 20:44:09

if no-one comes up with a makaton sign then the bsl sign is as follows:

both hands with palms facing towards the signer, moving towards each other and meeting at the middle of the body. fingers from both hands kind of merge in a downward and outwards motion. i think the fingers represent people coming together. hope that makes sense! i'm not very good at describing these!

RaggedRobin Tue 01-Sep-09 20:45:52

woops! it took me so long to try to describe that, i see someone beat me to it. nymphadora's sounds like it might be better suited to makaton.

nuru Tue 01-Sep-09 20:55:14

oh, that's great, thanks!
do the flat hands and fingers end up in a horizontal position (kind of like a 'sit down' sign - but not on top of each other)? otherwise it might look like praying (hopefully not?)

nymphadora Tue 01-Sep-09 22:31:24

Robins is prob same as mine but described differently!
Fingers end up going between each other

nuru Wed 02-Sep-09 17:05:07

thanks a lot for the help! the training went really well and school are keen - great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now