Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

help meed advice re buggies

(8 Posts)
2shoes Tue 01-Sep-09 10:31:48

I have been asked about a buggy for a 2-3 yr old with poor head controll.
any ideas

TheDMshouldbeRivened Tue 01-Sep-09 11:13:56

we used a convaid cruiser. It can have a headthingy put on it to support the head. At 2.6 though dd went into her first wheelchair.
I think the Swifty also comes with enough extras to support a lack of head control.

2shoes Tue 01-Sep-09 11:59:26

thanks have got those ready, I am sending links to the uncle.
IF SHE WENT IN A (oops) wheelchir, what seating system? cos we have a caps but not sure how to get alink to that, what do you use?
they arn't using the NHS as not from here, so will be buying private

glitteryb6 Tue 01-Sep-09 12:24:36

ds has rubbish head control, we tried a Thomas hilfen jazz easy and an ormesa bug but couldnt get a decent headrest on either as the headrest was part of the chair IYKWIM.
a seperate headrest like on a wheelchair is the best way to go i reckon
we have a Quickie zippie TS with an Otto bock headrest.

heres a caps link too

www.activedesign.co.uk/docs/WEB008/index.asp

2shoes Tue 01-Sep-09 12:44:35

where would I find the head res?

what do you recon on this, wuld it be suitable for a small child

glitteryb6 Tue 01-Sep-09 13:04:54

ds has this the third one down, the lateral control headrest.

hard to say without a pic, the jay fit system is what comes if you buy the complete chair from sunrise medical.
WS just bought the frame from sunrise and put their own seat on it, our seat is more like the synergy seating system one below, but i know someone with the jay fit one and it looks pretty much the same support wise once you add the laterals etc

TheDMshouldbeRivened Tue 01-Sep-09 13:13:14

dd has a R82 Panther wheelchair that coems with all sorts. She has minimal head control so has a V-shaped headrest attatched to the chair, full body harness, hip supports and what have you

2shoes Tue 01-Sep-09 15:13:27

thanks for all your help, I will pass the suggestions on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now