Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

My DD can tie her hair back

(14 Posts)
mumeeee Tue 31-May-05 13:36:20

I know this might seem a very small thing. But DD3 who is 13( she has dyspraxia) has at last learnt to tie her own hair back.

tiffini Tue 31-May-05 13:40:35

awwww fantastic

Loobie Tue 31-May-05 13:43:33

Its great when they get those little things mastered that you never knew when you'd see them.
We were away on holiday for the weak last week to a place we go regularly,they have a resident kids magician and entertainer who has been there as long as we have been going(5 years)DS who is almost 10 and has autism actually realised this time what he was all about and managed to laugh along with the other kids,including his 7 yr old brother and 2 1/2 yr old sister.It was the first time he actually realised what it was all about and that it was fun.

Thomcat Tue 31-May-05 13:46:35

It doesn't seem small tbh, I'm chuffed for you all. I hope she has some beautiful hair ties to encourage her to do tie it back every morning now

Gwenick Tue 31-May-05 14:03:09

well done DD3 - have to confess I was older than than when I first learnt to tie my hair back succesfully - could do it that age - but it looked AWFUL, and to one side.!

Blossomhill Tue 31-May-05 14:04:38

mumeeee - well done to your dd3

eidsvold Tue 31-May-05 22:32:36

fabulous

Saker Tue 31-May-05 22:34:35

Excellent.

anniebear Wed 01-Jun-05 12:09:12

Its not a small thing, its great!!!!

One thing on this site, we all know that these 'little things' are HUGE!!!!!

MRSflamesparrow Wed 01-Jun-05 12:11:58

Very very huge thing!!!

I was nearly 15 before I could do my hair, and I don't have dyspraxia!!!

I'm with Thomcat too - get her oodles of beautiful hair ties (a shopping spree to Claires accesories could be called for )

Hausfrau Wed 01-Jun-05 12:20:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dingle Wed 01-Jun-05 17:56:14

It's the little things that make a huge impact on your emotions!
Wonderful news- get down to those girly shops for some trendy hair ties.

coppertop Wed 01-Jun-05 17:59:07

Well done to your dd, mumeeee!

mumeeee Wed 01-Jun-05 18:23:21

Thankyou everyone. She does have a bag of nice hair stuff that her sister bought her. Both of her sisters have been very good at helping her out. She is on a guide holiday this week and wanted to be able to tie her own hair back for some of the activities although the guiders would have helped her. She still needs a bit mare practice to get it looking really nice but it is presentable and she was really chuffed with herself. I'll get her some more hair stuff when she gets back. A bit off subject I know but I'm hoping this holiday will help with her social training. see lack of friends thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now