Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Help with finding glasses for my 5mnth old.

(7 Posts)
LBSBCB Thu 27-Aug-09 10:07:05

I'm trying to locate some glasses for my daughter who's only 5mnths old but struggling to find anywhere with choice. Can anyone help and recommend any where as well as give me any tips on the best type of glasses to get her. I can find glasses for toddlers but not any specifically for babies. Thanks

Fluffypoms Thu 27-Aug-09 10:26:30

Http://www.specsavers.co.uk/glasses/childrens-glasses their baby glasses have longer rounded arms to keep them in place.

hope that helps smile

bellissima Thu 27-Aug-09 10:54:42

If you are in London the opticians dept at Moorfields Hospital will see non-patients (my daughter is a patient there but I have got glasses for myself) and I have found them very helpful. You have to have the prescription (which I assume you do), but I feel fairly sure that they must have glasses for babies.

vjg13 Thu 27-Aug-09 11:09:56

I think the same is true for Manchester Eye hospital so you try giving them a ring if you're up north.

LBSBCB Thu 27-Aug-09 11:10:25

Thanks very much for your help. We're in Dorset so I think I'll pop along to spec savers. I was upset to find out she had to have glasses so young sad in fact I didn't even know babies could wear glasses, but have also been surprised at how little there is out there when I've looked.

Fluffypoms Thu 27-Aug-09 11:23:40

dont be upsett, my ds1 and dd2 wear glasses and my dd1 has been desperatly trying to think up ways to try and get herself a pair,winkyou'd be surprised how many kids think glasses are really cool..

Good luck smile

meltedmarsbars Thu 27-Aug-09 21:41:16

My dd2 got glasses at 6m from Moorfields, they had no ear curls but a velcro fastener and elastic around the back of the head to keep them on. Suuplied by moorfields but when we moved, a local opthamologist got more made - (not a chain, they were not helpful.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now