Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Is the OT right?

(10 Posts)
TheDMshouldbeRivened Tue 25-Aug-09 14:12:30

we havea step to the front door and the SS OT is saying they cant help because we've already had a DFG to build dd's bathroom and bedroom. She's also refusing us a ceiling hoist in the living room.
Surely she's not right?

Jimmychasesducks Tue 25-Aug-09 16:31:29

why can't you have a ceiling hoist(sorry know nothing about steps) did you point out that with out one, ou will do your back in and sue them(I find that works)
tbh that doesn't sound right to me,

scaredoflove Tue 25-Aug-09 16:37:15

Doesn't sound right, how long ago did you have DFG? I'm sure you can do the process again and it isn't a one time only deal

I'd go above her

TheDMshouldbeRivened Tue 25-Aug-09 16:56:33

the DFG was this summer. Maybe its one a year?

devientenigma Tue 25-Aug-09 16:58:31

We have had 2 DFG but unsure if they were the same year. Though the funding wasn't massive. HTH

r3dh3d Tue 25-Aug-09 20:20:27

It sounds like a local process requirement than anything official/legal. I'd ask for the decision in writing, plus whatever policy document backs it. And then take it to my GP. It doesn't sound right, at all.

Oh - rumour is that our local branch of Carers UK is good on back care issues - I don't tend to get involved with them as mostly carers for elderly relatives and so many issues are different, but lifting is common ground - possibly talk to them and see if they can weigh in on your side too?

r3dh3d Tue 25-Aug-09 21:04:32

Sorry MP not GP! lol. Unless your GP has a lot more clout than mine! grin

TheDMshouldbeRivened Wed 26-Aug-09 13:42:41

we're having a multi-wotsit meeting organised by SW on friday. She has invited GP and paed because she's trying to cut back our care and wants their medical opinions hmm
will use the time to weigh in with hoist issues and door issues and the fact the new diagnosis of LGS means we need more support.
I'm not planning to let the meeting go as the SW plans wink

madwomanintheattic Thu 27-Aug-09 01:10:15

i would suggest that the ot didn't do her job properly the first time around tbh - if such basic stuff as hoists and steps (with a wc!) were missed out....

our ot literally swept the entire building and included everything in her assessment of necessary works to make the building fully accessible...

were they just called in to assess for a wetroom and left everything else? shock

TheDMshouldbeRivened Thu 27-Aug-09 09:05:39

she didn't include the front room cos the bill was already of channel tunnel dimensions and the grant is only 30K

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now