Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Horizon "Does the MMR jab cause Autism?" - BBC2 9pm...tonight.

(16 Posts)
Chocol8 Sun 29-May-05 18:31:06

Don't know if this will be any good, but just incase you're interested. x

toria77 Sun 29-May-05 18:33:55

thanks

tamula Sun 29-May-05 19:16:50

Good one, thanks!

Heathcliffscathy Sun 29-May-05 19:23:19

no one argues that mmr causes autism, but that it might be a trigger in a small number children already susceptible, and i understand that they only way of researching this is to look at the specific children who seem to have shown autism symptoms after mmr and have measles strain in their gut. i think that epidimeological (sp?) studies won't do the job here, but that this programme will argue that because said studies prove no link, there is none. i think jimjams is fed up of commenting on this, so i hope that i've done a good job of summarising what i've learnt from her (sorry if i've made a total hash of it!)....

Davros Sun 29-May-05 19:54:46

Can't watch, will kick telly!
Your explanation sounds spot on to me sophable

Jimjams Sun 29-May-05 20:15:06

thanks sophable, and I'm with davros. Luckily ds1 has removed the cable smart card and thrown it somewhere- he must have known it was on...

Davros Sun 29-May-05 20:21:41

God, DD does that! Usually find it in the DVD slot, have you looked there?

kronyapola Sun 29-May-05 20:26:32

mmm dont want to watch, but will!!! unless big brother is on, ....... ah it is

charliecat Sun 29-May-05 21:00:36

just about on now

Jimjams Sun 29-May-05 21:11:55

I don't think we have a dvd slot.....

Jimjams Sun 29-May-05 21:16:10

but we do have a video slot- posted on the other thread davros you genius....

Heathcliffscathy Sun 29-May-05 22:45:33

Jimjams Sun 29-May-05 23:15:26

I must not go near MMR debates, I must not go near MMR debates, I must not go near MMR debates Especially with people who know nothing about autism......

Ah well if autism hadn;t come into my life I would never have know the simple joys of a pecs apron.

TheRealMrsF Mon 30-May-05 20:41:04

All i am goimng to say about this is that...i reaks of government propaganda to make us all feel guilty about refusing the MMR

Still like to meet a politician or a GP who would sign my bit of paper promising that regression would not follow after the injection.

Pages Tue 31-May-05 21:39:20

I didn't watch it either, because it reeked of propaganda to me too. Even the Radio Times preview admitted it was biased.

Saker Tue 31-May-05 22:29:03

I was trying hard to stay out of this also but I think it's a bit unfair to say Horizon could be government propaganda - it's an independent science programme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now