Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

just a proud mummy thread of my own

(16 Posts)
bubblagirl Sun 23-Aug-09 09:35:42

he has done so well this holiday accepted change, last min decisions without lots of warnings played well on 3 play dates one he hasnt seen the little boy all summer and wont be going to same school but he done so well there

anyway no mention of dummies but main thing

he can pronounce some more words ive turned from nunny to mummy
[poo] coo has turned into poo gum is now bum

gowling, gall, goat has turned into bowling, ball, boat

he can now make f sound couldn't even get the sound before cant do fish yet can say 8th though he can always seem to add sound to end of word before beginning

glitteryb6 Sun 23-Aug-09 10:11:42

awww thats great! well done bubblaboy! grin

Barmymummy Sun 23-Aug-09 10:25:16

Yay thats amazing!! Huge progress! grin

bubblagirl Sun 23-Aug-09 12:45:58

yay im so proud of him took him to park this morning too and he listened to me he done as i asked played nice not with any other children but i was able to relax and know he was safe

just needed to brag as he seems to have improved hugely over holidays

just hope school doesnt set him back again although ive been told to expect this to happen

streakybacon Sun 23-Aug-09 13:20:17

That's a huge leap, isn't it? Well done to both of you - it's obviously a collaborative effort - and hope it continues.

bubblagirl Sun 23-Aug-09 14:00:32

thank you i am so happy with how his come on

HelensMelons Sun 23-Aug-09 14:55:18

bubblaboy deserves a big hug!

bubblagirl Sun 23-Aug-09 15:30:38

i cant stop hugging him lol his turned into a sweety says please ans thank you and tells me to say please and thank you then says your welcome lol sounds like a mini me lol grin

sodit Mon 24-Aug-09 13:32:44

{grin] well done bubblaboy
I was wondering how bubblaboys speech was doing as he seems to ahead of my little man but the same sort of problems. Although I am mummy daddy is still gaggy. He can make a f sound but it is sort of blowing. It is interesting you say he can make them at the end of words will have to try that. I think i have heard a t sound a couple of times but not sure. Hooray for the b sounds, is it just practice or does he have special speech exercises we have just started with mr tongue as ds1 is a bit more co-operative now it is now his favourite story at bed time think its just because mummy starts pulling faces and making strange noises at him. Think ds1 needs to go back to school though wink

bubblagirl Mon 24-Aug-09 16:07:41

i forgot your ds speech was just like bubblaboys the f is still like a blowing sound but becoming more f he couldnt even get his teeth on lip at one stage

its not special speech were doing its just him copying me to be honest speech therapy stopped ages ago awaiting a new one but he seems more responsive watching my mouth and copying himself and as times gone on he can do some b words not al of the only the ones with all the sounds he can make

daddy is still gaggy for us too there's still alot of missing sounds for some reason he was more receptive to wanting to learn when he was in the bath and gradually the more confident he gets he wants me to show him more sounds and gradually they are coming

when we know he can say a word we remind him how do you say that really well and he'll correct himself he can say up but says uk so we have to remind him but his doing really good he is more a visual learner though so to copy my mouth movements is what works best but strangely only with me

bubblagirl Wed 26-Aug-09 16:55:28

just want to have another brag went soft play today and bubblboy befriended a little girl playing together for little while and another little boy no help just kind of got playing with them and when we got home he was playing and i was teaching him how to say daddy and since then he says gaggy and when you say who although slightly tongue out over exaggerated he can say daddy but more da-dee but its great automatically says gaggy as he still says other words automatic but if you say who or ho do you say that really well can now say the words he couldnt do before

daddy was so happy and they had the most hugest cuddles grin

bubblagirl Thu 27-Aug-09 10:33:16

grin i managed to get him to say dog door daddy and duck this morning still needs prompting but so proud and haven't had SALT for months now and no news on when we will next so so glad his doing well found if i say lets do it together he really likes it and tries so hard bless him

drlove8 Thu 27-Aug-09 14:13:16

smile .... welldone Bubblaboy ..(again).
well done you too bubblagirl for keeping encouraging him too grin.

bubblagirl Thu 27-Aug-09 15:21:48

lol sorry must stop bragging { im just so proud}

drlove8 Fri 28-Aug-09 18:15:45

lol , its not bragging .... its shareing the joy .... wee bubblaboy keeps getting better and better ( not sure if better is the right word, but you know what i mean ?wink)

bubblagirl Sat 29-Aug-09 08:07:52

lol i know its sharing the joy he does seem to be at a peek of learning and absorbing so much his brain is like a sponge at the moment its great to see when you go for so long with no change then all of a sudden something clicks

right im off now ready to get rest of packing done were off on holiday today speak when we get back x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: