Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Brilliant professional today (a positive experience)!

(5 Posts)
magso Thu 20-Aug-09 17:56:48

Ds saw a health care professional today who spoke to ds ( 9 LD/ASD) at his level and really treated him like a valued human being! She also organised some therapy he has been crying out for. Bitter sweet experience ( it doesnt always happen and I asked for this years ago) i will say! In view of DM cannot say more but well done that lady!!

moondog Thu 20-Aug-09 18:00:12

Very gratifying to hear!

Lauree Sat 22-Aug-09 08:57:26

This is good news, and shocking that it should be the case... In two lines you capture a big problem and also how someone solved it, quite easily.

I'm wondering how we can all spread the word that this is what our DC's need and expect. In my exp the community paed's are brilliant, but the hospital doctors, esp you-know-where have a bit to learn.

you might write to the head of that department and thank them for such a positive experience... it might help them to pass the feedback on to others, that we really appreciate the rare moments when DC's are treated with proper respect......and of course your lady might get a sticker!wink

moondog Sat 22-Aug-09 11:41:28

Good point Lauree.NHS Trusts take formal praise as seriously as they do complaints.

magso Sun 23-Aug-09 10:23:42

Good thinking Lauree and Moondog. Will do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now