Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Fed up with being stuck in the house, where can i take 2 autistic children for a day out?

(7 Posts)
Marne Thu 20-Aug-09 09:55:32

Both of the dd's are getting fed up being in the house, we have stayed in this week (to save money) but i really don't think i can stand another day stuck in the house and neither can they. Its raining so we can't do much outside, dd2 can't cope with soft play as it will be too busy. Where can we go?

daisy5678 Thu 20-Aug-09 10:03:13

Whereabouts are you?

Marne Thu 20-Aug-09 10:17:07

West dorset. Dd1 is asking to go to soft play but i can't cope with taking both of them on my own sad, i asked dd1 if she would like to look around the huge pet shop and see the animals but she wants to go somewhere where she can play hmm.

sc13 Thu 20-Aug-09 10:25:50

I assume no museums/shopping malls in the vicinity (but then again DS loves busy places)? Perhaps equip them with raincoats and wellies and take them out despite the rain? Or try to create a 'soft play area' at home with mattresses/sofa cushions where they can jump/slide. Again, it works with DS who's rather hyper active, but I realize kids are all different. Holidays can be tough

Marne Thu 20-Aug-09 10:44:01

We are going to meet up with my mum in town, dd1 is moaning as last time we went to the shops she got lost grin, i will have to bride her with a trip to the cafe with nanny and i'm sure she will be fine. I think i will buy some craft bits for her for the next rainy day grin.

Marne Thu 20-Aug-09 10:44:56

Love the idea on soft play at home, might have to do that one tomorrow grin.

Jo5677 Wed 26-Aug-09 12:02:01

Hi Marne,on a similar note my little boy who is autisic and indeed my other kids that aren't all love it when i get loads of old sheets,towels out etc and make tents and dens in the garden,and when it's raining in the house too They often get their torches out as well (they don't seem to care that its daylight) and pretend they're camping and have a picnic lunch. Just an idea anyway,Jo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now