Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Parent advice for Statement. What ABA-friendly stuff to put?

(8 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Wed 19-Aug-09 14:00:47

Message withdrawn

moondog Wed 19-Aug-09 14:03:15

At this stage, write everything he can't do.
Iti s your report as a parents on your child's needs (play it up).

moondog Wed 19-Aug-09 14:04:36

I'll send you mine if you like-if you remind me offline in about 10 days as am abroad at present.

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 19-Aug-09 15:04:30

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 19-Aug-09 15:09:12

Message withdrawn

moondog Wed 19-Aug-09 15:37:20

That's a good start but it is not precise enough.
You need access to developmental norms so you can contrast and compare. Again, I can help you with this but am far away from all resources (and having a lovely time thanks!).

Lots of s/lts and other professionals use a great little book called 0-5 years which lists in detail what a child 'should' be doing in many realms at what age.

I also have a great poster from Taskmaster that breaks down lang. and communication components according to age.

I can give you references for both those (neither cost more than about £10)

Another idea is to ask them for a detailed breakdown of what a child should be doing at what age so you can contrast and compare.

grumpyoldeeyore Wed 19-Aug-09 18:17:24

you can look at early years foundation stage website then at each learning area for "early years" - although it says foundation stage it goes from birth - its a checklist nurseries use to do an EYFS assessment, they sometimes call it an on-track record (or an off-track one in our case!). Our nursery I have just found out have scored DS too positively - putting his communication in one band below when his functional language is clearly 3 bands behind. So for my DS (also 2.9) I have printed off the 8-20 month sections and ticked the very many areas which DS has not mastered so I can use this to show nursery how far behind he is. You can then go to the next band up and go through it again. You can get a hard copy of EYFS. We found out it was quite crucial as if 2 or 3 bands behind peers affects how much 1:1 our LEA fund eg if 50 or 75% delay, also important if delays in more than one learning area. Not that LEA are interested until he is 3 in our case.

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 19-Aug-09 18:56:12

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now