Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

It's 33 degrees outside, we're on week 6 of a 9-week holiday, and I keep losing my temper with DD...

(6 Posts)
BriocheDoree Wed 19-Aug-09 13:52:09

Says it all really. Please send patience vibes. I don't cope with the heat. DD is bored and is being a PITA. Poor love, not her fault, but she doesn't know how to PLAY. Random squealing just about doing my head in!
Two weeks tomorrow and they go back...

moondog Wed 19-Aug-09 13:59:37

Exercise and lots of it helps (for both of you).
Also a break for you.
Feasible?

sc13 Wed 19-Aug-09 14:29:52

I sympathize - heat does it for me too. My advice (provided she doesn't have sensory issues around water obviously) is to get her in the tub/sea/inflatable pool/real pool for as long and as often as you can; to keep fresh as much as anything.

mummyslittleboy Wed 19-Aug-09 17:55:34

Hi BriocheDoree I know how you feel sending you lots of patience vibes and lots of [hugs] lets hope it is cooler tomorrow

BriocheDoree Wed 19-Aug-09 18:57:50

SC13, when I only had one (DD) we used to go the swimming pool on days like this but now I have DS as well I can't take them - just not safe. DD has no fear and will swim right down to the deep end with arm bands on. Can't keep track of her and manage a toddler as well, unfortunately. Hmm, perhaps I should get a paddling pool for the balcony! (We're ground floor so no real safety issues there)
Thank you for messages of sympathy grin. She has been a sweetheart this evening. Forecast is a bit cooler for tomorrow so hopefully we can at least get out into the forest to pick blackberries!

sc13 Thu 20-Aug-09 10:39:59

Brioche, snap child and deep end - DS adamantly requires the 'big pool' and is known to have tried to go into the sea when it's so choppy no-one else is on the beach... But, yes, at least there's only one of him. Blackberries sounds like great fun though - you can probably add some wolf-and-RedRidingHood chase thing, unless she's scared of wolves smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now