Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Wish us luck for Thursdays DLA tribunal.

(18 Posts)
staryeyed Tue 18-Aug-09 20:08:09

We are going to appeal our rejected claim for mobility for DS1 4 has ASD.

jennybensmummy Tue 18-Aug-09 20:10:25

good luck, were going to tribunal for the same, not got a date through yet though looking like a good 2 months ish yet i think.

daisy5678 Tue 18-Aug-09 20:12:10

Ooh, good luck. They're not as bad as you'd think. I thought my panel(s)(1st one was adjourned) members were fair and intelligent and had read everything very thoroughly. I guess I would say that, cos I won, but I genuinely thought they listened and were nice. Mine was mainly about mobility too (J is 7 with autism and ADHD)

Let us know.

HelensMelons Tue 18-Aug-09 20:41:25

Good luck - same as givemesleep - it was nerve wracking but they listened and we also won which we didn't expect.

Fingers crossed for luck and let us know!

trace2 Tue 18-Aug-09 20:42:30

good luck both of you!!!

mummyslittleboy Tue 18-Aug-09 21:24:08

Good luck to you both I have just sent of my little ones claim today as I didn't know he could be entitled to it untill the HV told me so keeping my fingers crossed for all of us nowsmile

Sam

othermother Tue 18-Aug-09 22:10:22

Good luck with this!

PipinJo Tue 18-Aug-09 23:51:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marne Wed 19-Aug-09 08:05:56

Good luck, let us know how you get on, i have tried to get mobility for dd2 (asd) but have been turned down. I was told 'as she can walk we can't claim mobility', this makes me so angry, dd is getting to big for a pushchair and runs into the road or refuses to walk angry.

Fingers crossed for you xxx

lou031205 Wed 19-Aug-09 08:33:08

All the best!

ChopsTheDuck Wed 19-Aug-09 08:41:07

good luck!

daisy5678 Wed 19-Aug-09 10:10:08

Marne, I would appeal that. That's what I was first told about J, but the rules for mental disability rather than physical disability are clear: for lower mobility, the child would need extra supervision and for higher, the child would need to have arrested development of the brain (autism is accepted as this), severe behavioural problems, severe impairment of intelligence and social functioning and be entitled to higher rate care. Nothing about being physically able to walk. My tribunal was really about the impairment of intelligence bit as we were debating the difference between academic capability and real-life common sense. Physical capability never came into it.

Honestly, Marne, appeal, unless you mean the Tribunal turned you down ? shock

Marne Wed 19-Aug-09 11:34:26

givememore, we applied when she was 3, she's now 3.5 but they say she is too young to claim it as she should/could be in a pushchair. She's now 2 big for her pushchair (she's the size of a 5 year old shock), have the got to be 4 years+ to get it?

We are finding it hard work at the moment as i can't take both dd's out on my own, dd1 has AS and tends to wonder in her own little world and dd2 is facinated with number plates and will run in the road to look at them.

daisy5678 Wed 19-Aug-09 14:52:17

You can be younger than 5 if they are entitled to high mobility, I think.

Mitchell81 Wed 19-Aug-09 14:56:46

Good luck for the tribunals.

misscutandstick Thu 20-Aug-09 09:37:44

good luck!

RnB Thu 20-Aug-09 09:55:37

the best of luck... I've done the same recently and won.

5inthebed Thu 20-Aug-09 09:58:17

Good luck at the tribunal. I wish I had had the energy to appeal last year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now