Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

must buy toys - must be peppa pig- help ?

(12 Posts)
drlove8 Tue 18-Aug-09 13:56:26

for dd4 , she was kindly given money for her b'day from GP's .... need to find toys that are suitable for dd4 - asd/ggd , level 18 mths mental development , actual age 4- so must be sturdy, easy to use and smallish (no starage space) , and if possable peppa pig theamed? . PP is obsession of the moment.
dd4 responds to sounds/music/ painting/drawing
any ideas?

drlove8 Tue 18-Aug-09 13:58:30

must run dd4 is currently inside washing basket, and her twin bro is laughing .....must rescue dd4 , may be gone some time i can feel a meltdown comming .....shockangrysad hmm

sodit Tue 18-Aug-09 14:04:59

i have seen a peppa pig train and a phonics thing i think it makes plenty of noises. I usually just take ds1 to toysrus and see what he grabs and actually stays interested for more than 5 minutes. i know they have a peppa pig section

FioFioFio Tue 18-Aug-09 14:10:28

peppa pig aquadraw

aquadraw peppa mini mats

peppa doodle fun

peppa magic mirror

peppa xylophone?

lots of peppa stuff

masonicpixiesreadthedailymail Tue 18-Aug-09 14:27:17

I got a peppa pig fuzzy felt thing in a packet you can have if you want? Not good for dd (was a bday gift) cos she'd just eat them

got some chewed pp flashcards as well if ya fancy

jasdox Tue 18-Aug-09 14:35:17

Peppa Pig Step 'n' Learn Playmat

Peppa Pigs Shape Sorter

sensetoys

drlove8 Tue 18-Aug-09 20:04:16

wow ! grin thanx everyone - loads of choice there! im liking the playmat, and the magic mirror...smile... manage to get to the shops and found the phonics toy ... dd4 has been pressing the buttons like crazy.... but now she's "singing" wonderpets song ..hmm .... kids eh? pmsl

blowninonabreeze Tue 18-Aug-09 20:09:09

NOT the rocket

DD (3.4) has it. She's really careful and gentle with toys. But can't open the doors without them falling off. Most frustrating. Very cheap and brittle plastic.

Have hidden it for now, if its not mentioned for a few weeks, will be donating to our charity shop!

grumpyoldeeyore Tue 18-Aug-09 20:12:04

you can get a big book which has buttons down the side with different sounds and phrases - DS likes pressing these but not so good at looking at story! Also two "sound" cubes with different pictures on each side and you have to match the right sides of cube together and they say a phrase from peppa pig - this is really nice for any age. We also got free with a peppa pig magazine a yellow circle with buttons that you pressed and made sounds of different characters - you could probably get one on ebay - I think it was the first issue of the magazine Peppa Pig Playland magazine or something - we only got the first one with the freebees but DS loves it and small enough I can take it out in my bag and give him to play with in shops etc. The snort sounds for all above are quite authentic!

drlove8 Tue 18-Aug-09 21:05:13

i didnt know there was a pp magazine, will have to keep a look out for that... dd4 destroys paper and books , but i get her magazines , seperate the pages, laminate them and put them in a ring binder , so she has a "book" - she can even draw on them and they wipe clean.... grin
the cubes sound great!,was looking at the rocket on the link( thanx fio), thought it was fab, but if its fragile then its no good for us .

Marne Wed 19-Aug-09 08:11:09

Dd2 (ASD) has the play mat and TBH she's not really interested in it (and it cost father x-mas a fortune), she also has some of the play sets but finds them frustrating when the figures dont stand or sit without falling over.She sits them all in the camper van, puts the lid on and then they all fall over causing her to have a huge melt down.

Her best toy is the magnetic play scene that comes with the peppa pig playland magazines, she plays with this 2-3 times a day.

FioFioFio Wed 19-Aug-09 08:45:24

drlove8, we have quite a few of the peppa pig things and dd is yet to break any of it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now