Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

So the educational pyschologist is coming tomorrow

(6 Posts)
mummytopebs Mon 17-Aug-09 18:12:08

and i am very nervous. I am mostly worrying that she will say there is nothing wrong because i have had 3 horrible days with dd. DD is usually fine when she is on her own and people are watching her so am worried she will say you are imagining everything!

HelensMelons Mon 17-Aug-09 18:28:36

Good luck mummytopebs.

My ds2 enjoys working one to one as well but the ed psych was able to pick up so much. Ds2 has a dx of asd from 2007, but he picked up on the adhd which was a surprise.

The ed psych won't think you're imagining things. Trust your instincts.

Let us know how you get on. x

mummytopebs Mon 17-Aug-09 20:34:39

Thanks HelensMelons its all so nerve wrecking isnt it x I will post how we get on

HelensMelons Tue 18-Aug-09 16:02:56

How did it go?

mummytopebs Tue 18-Aug-09 16:45:26

It went ok she was really nice. DD behaved herself impecibly and talked at the poor woman for 2 hours, she said she was the friendliest, chattiest little girl she had seen in ages. She is not sure if she is on the spectrum although she does have a lot of traits that would fit with aspergers. She thinks it is more of an anxiety issue. She is just going to keep and eye on her initially in reception to see if she needs one on one at a later date, she thinks because she is so friendly after a couple a weeks she should make friends just fine, she may need support at a later date academically but to early to tell yet.

She took notes on what to do when dd has a meltdown and will inform the school and also what encourages dd to behave. She was really nice and has put my mind at ease about her starting school in 3 weeks, but still no definite answers but unless the signs are really appaerent think its hard to diagnose

HelensMelons Tue 18-Aug-09 22:07:35

Sounds like it went quite well and isn't in a rush to dx but give dd a chance to settle in and 'find her feet'. Thank goodness that's over, I'm sure you are relieved!

Glad it was so positive for you and dd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now